Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Legion (FX) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 31, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I haven't watched live TV in so long but this pulled me in enough that I was frustrated by the commercials in episode 2. Really digging it so far

2. This show is the best trip ever. Love all the memory/dream scenes. Some of the sequences in this are legitimately unnerving and creepy.

local_corn and Deanna like this.
  3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Starting my review for this week's episode and trying to not just be like "THIS IS GREAT. WONDERFUL. GOOD JOB."

coleslawed and alina like this.
  4. I struggle to provide in-depth analysis myself. There's a lot going on in each episode and all I can muster up is "This is the best show on TV! Those visuals, woah! It's all amazing!"

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Haha yeah. I'm slowly making my way through this. I'll post it here when I'm done and you can let me know how I did haha.

Joe likes this.
  6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

7. Good review! I'll note that David referred to that thing as the "demon with yellow eyes" in previous episodes. I remember noticing that it was strange how Syd can see it, but the others couldn't, but I didn't think about it. I assume it has something to do with the fact that she's closer to David and more connected that she can see past whatever is preventing the others from seeing it. I agree with the romance feeling natural and not forced. There's something appealing about a "romance of the minds," as David referred to it last ep. I like that dynamic.

8. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Oops! Totally looked slightly more orange to me haha. Yeah and I also get the feeling that there's remnants of stuff from their body swap.

9. Oh right, there's definitely that too. There's a lot of intrigue in the fact that we don't know the full extent of their powers yet, particularly David's.

Deanna likes this.
  10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

So much to look forward to with this.

Joe likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Crazy fuckin episode, ending was very ominous for David!

12. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

How are the ratings? Or what's the likelihood of a renewal? So scared this show will get cancelled. I fear for it like before with Hannibal. It's too beautiful to go away.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's a sure thing for renewal

14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I heard the seasons are being written to be fairly self contained so that they can build off them but if it gets cancelled, still feels like a conclusion. Or that was seemingly the plan. I like this a lot

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

need to start this

coleslawed likes this.
  16. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

Love this show

17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I feel like I'm not putting the pieces together yet, but I like the ride anyway. Last night's episode got real meta

18. Ya I may have gotten gotten a little lost yesterday, but I think I got the gist of it all. The Kerry/Cary thing is sort of weird and cool.

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, I felt like I was starting to understand the show and then last nights episode was an hour of me being confused. Still, super dope.

So the Devil with the Yellow Eyes seems to be the source of Davids powers? Or David when he's using his powers. Also when Lenny/Benny put his/her hand on David's shoulders, the fingers seemed to belong to the devil as well. Also, probably unrelated, but Philly's earrings looked just like the ladder that leads to Jermaine Clement's ice house
    I love this show. I hate waiting a week between episodes.

20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Still stoked on this show. And really glad I decided to review it so I can attempt to make more sense of it haha. Here's this week's review if anyone is interested: Review: Legion S01E04: Chapter 4

local_corn and dadbolt like this.
  21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

The Lenny/Benny thing was real weird, but it's like. Everything is just getting weirder by the episode. in a good way

22. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

If i'm not mistaken that character in the comics is actually a guy, but when aubrey plaza got the part she asked them not to change any of the original dialogue.

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I remember reading that as well, but I didn't expect them to rewrite it as a dual gender role. It's cool. I'm bummed we're already halfway through the season. I don't want this to end, as much as I want to know what the fuck is going on

coleslawed likes this.
  24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

That episode was awesome. And an excellent use of Jemaine.

stayillogical likes this.
  25. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Catching up on this today. Holy crap this show is so good.