Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Legion (FX) TV Show • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 31, 2016.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Eh it was whatever. It went out like it came in...a lot of cool visuals and a whole lot of what the FUCKs

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The only complaint I have really is that we only got Switch for one season.

angel paste, Anthony_ and Jusscali like this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I really liked the ending even though it basically renders the entire show pointless lol. It's nice though, everyone who died is alive and David will live a more "normal" life

For seasons of the show I'd definitely go 1>3>2 though

Cameron likes this.
  4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Everyone but Audrey :(

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I do wish we could have seen her again but she'll be alive in the new timeline too

6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

late finishers take. this show was wild and not always in a fun way, S1 was one of the best seasons of TV I've ever seen, 2 was a flaming hot mess and 3 split its quality about halfway between those two states. visually gorgeous, brilliantly edited, fantastically acted and just bizarrely written to the last (Farouk was not at all earned, and does Noah Hawley know what Pink Floyd's "Mother" is like, about?), but in the end I kind of loved it. the side characters were always more interesting to me than David and Syd, their ending was whatever to me but Cary/Kerry are some (one?) of the best character(s) ever and I'd watch this show again for them alone

irthesteve likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

hard to think of a better metaphor for how this show treated its supporting characters than this: the Literal Universe (in the form of an underwritten supporting character with an abrupt arc resolution) shows up to acknowledge the suffering and pain of two major characters while blatantly ignoring Cary/Kerry who's right there and just gave like 60 years of their life defending said characters

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Finally finished this, Season 3 started with an insanely hopeful episode that is one of the series best, the whole first like... 20? minutes were amazing and I had high hopes for the season. Unfortunately the season was plagued by too many bottle-episodes (two episodes aside from the main plot, when there are only 8 in the whole season really ruins the flow). It ended nicely, but the start of the season really tricked me into thinking the whole season would be great ha

Rowan5215 likes this.
  9. Rowan5215

I think episode 4 with the time eaters was genuinely one of the strongest episodes of the show (that Lenny sequence... my god) but the rest didn't live up

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I still can't really get over that the big bad guy of the entire series was defeated by...a change of heart?

"You know, now that I think about it I was kind of a dick. I'm just not gona be a dick this time...things will work out."

GENIUS FINALE.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It wasn't even like he made a big sacrifice. The Shadow King literally decided he won't be a dick to ONE dude, will still likely live his live in luxury (still imprisoning his subjects in monkey brains or whatever? Unless that was also resolved, I don't remember)

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. Rowan5215

yeah that was the most last-minute shit I've ever seen lol. like shame a future Farouk with a magic pair of glasses to show his past self all his mistakes couldn't have come in earlier and prevented all the murdering/raping/chaos he did literally last season!

13. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

I think the point was supposed to be that Farouk loved David? Still, not the best season of Legion.

14. Super late, but I finally watched S3. Probably my least favorite season, but I still enjoyed it. Love the Switch character. The time demon stuff was really cool.

Now this song gets stuck in my head randomly. Thanks Legion

15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Watching this for the first time - on episode 4 and loving it. Very cool visuals.

irthesteve likes this.
  16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

first season is incredible, you don't need to watch the 2nd and 3rd

Cameron and Rowan5215 like this.
  17. irthesteve

Both 2 and 3 have a lot of scattered greatness surrounded by not so greatness

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

it might have the worst ending of any show I've watched

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

is it the only show you’ve seen

it isn’t good but there are literally endless examples of worse endings lol

irthesteve likes this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I fortunately haven't watched any of the shows that have famously bad endings, i have great taste

imthesheriff and phaynes12 like this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

must be nice

22. Oh hey I missed one. Guess I'll unfollow this too

23. irthesteve

The ending really wasn't THAT bad, not at all the worst ever

Fronnyfron likes this.
  24. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Check out the finale of the League if you want the worst

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Well, I'm definitely going to watch all three seasons and form my own opinion lol seems pretty divided