Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Legion (FX) TV Show • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 31, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

On the next episode of Legion, Oliver defeats *spins wheel* Jason Mantzoukas, who is playing *throws dart* the Big Bad Wolf, in a *rolls dice* rap battle set amongst the backdrop of *pulls slip of paper out of a hat* Victorian England

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

a Syd episode with a Jemaine Clement vs Zouks rap battle was written specifically for me right

kbeef2 likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

tbf it makes as much as sense as anything on this show haha

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That rap battle was something else haha

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This was one of the best episodes of the entire series.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I know David has to be the main character but a show where Syd or Kerry was the main character would be great

Anthony_ likes this.
  8. Anthony_

ftfy

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

These side episodes this season have bored the shit out of me. That episode did nothing for me, thought to be rap battle was pretty terrible and kind of shows that they’ve exhausted their ideas for “quirky fights”

Was super into it once they got back to the main story, wish the astral plane stuff was only half the episode.

Jusscali and Fronnyfron like this.
  10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Samesies. I was so amped after the last episode and this killed my vibe going into the finale :/

11. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

2 eps left folks

12. Jusscali

I thought it was one...that’s better then

I Am Mick likes this.
  13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Good ep. Very curious to see how this is gona wrap up next week

14. Anthony_

I think this season has been fantastic but I also think that it would have been better to give Hawley two seasons to wrap things up rather than just one. I would have liked to have seen more things develop on-screen, like David’s continuously fracturing psyche and also maybe some of how he actually started the cult. It also just generally feels crazy to me that it’s all going to end on Monday, especially given where this episode left off.

15. Jusscali

I didn’t love that ep.

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think when it comes to Legion, Hawley should have LESS time. The past two seasons have featured full episodes that could have easily been condensed into a 10-20 minute segment of another episode. The pacing has been pretty whacky after the first season

Jusscali likes this.
  17. Anthony_

I disagree with this. Those episodes that are full-length digressions are part of what makes this show so incredible. The show is at its best when it's being weird and experimental, like the multiverse episode last season, which was a truly great hour of television. I think the pacing has been pretty good up to this point, I just think certain things that have been going on this season could have used some more room to breathe. Like, I would have enjoyed an entire episode about Switch's life before she becomes involved in David's cult.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I fell super behind because I was on vacation (and I'm going somewhere else and won't be able to watch the finale until like a week later) so I just got up through the one with Jemaine Clement coming back with Syd in the alternate reality and I loved it. I said "Mantzoukas!" out loud when he showed up

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

It was wrapped up nicely

Anthony_ and Kuri44 like this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

honestly, the final season didn't do much for me. Most episodes just felt like they dragged on and on. By the end, I didn't really like any of these characters all that much. Farouk's "nah I'm a good guy now" didn't feel earned.

The first season is so sooo good, it never really could live up to that greatness.

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also none of the future stuff teased in season 2 had anything to do with season 3. I understand they were trying to avoid that future, but it seems whack to tease all that shit (one armed Syd etc) and never reference it again

22. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I loved the first half of the season but the last couple episodes were disappointing. Plot slowed to a crawl and the Farouk heel turn felt like it came out of nowhere.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I enjoyed this season way more than 2. Last season was ridiculously slow-burn. This was overall very satisfying.

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

disagree. i like this season a good amount but s2 is going to go down as an all timer for me.

25. Anthony_

One of the most satisfying finales of a show I've seen in a while, especially considering the compressed timeline they were dealing with. Really wish they had done four seasons instead but still loved the ride overall. What an incredible run.