Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Legion (FX) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 31, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

"Looks too creepy" - my mom on Legion

Tim likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I'm getting kind of sick of people just assuming everyone wants to miss shows as they air live and watch them at another time. I like having blocks of shows to watch every night and honestly feel inconvenienced when I have to take time out of another day to watch a show that aired at the same time as something else I wanted to see. But it especially shouldn't be happening with the same company programming against itself.

3. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

absolutely

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  4. EngineDown

devil with yellow eyes nightcrawler or azazel?

5. EngineDown

fuck that was so good

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. EngineDown

omg what

7. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

That was so fucking good, a bit confusing though

8. EngineDown

i think that kinda comes with the subject matter, yeah

9. Anthony_ Feb 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 8, 2017)
    Anthony_

Catching the re-run, almost done. This is brilliant.

EDIT: It's over. I wish it wasn't. Holy hell this is some good stuff.

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I wasn't sure if I was going to watch this or not but after watching the premiere I'm 100% on board.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wow that was fantastic, completely engaging and visually somethin else

12. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

Holy shit. That was a kickass pilot.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

With these responses I can't wait to watch. I'm assuming it also has the wit/comedy of Fargo?

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Anthony_

It does have some humor/wit to it but not in the same way as Fargo, really.

15. RonandTammy Feb 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2017)
    RonandTammy

Regular

So who owns the character Legion? Fox or Marvel? With such a powerful mutant, it's kind of amazing he hasn't shown up until now. He's arguably the most powerful of the human Marvel characters.

Basically, he and Rachel Summers are two of the most powerful across all of the X-Men.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Fox does. They basically have everything under the mutant umbrella.

The problem with Legion as a character is that his powers don't really fit into any type of X-Men narrative that well. He's such a complex character, that it is difficult to just say, "HEY LOOK, ITS LEGION!" This approach is the most logical for dealing with a complicated character like him. I don't think he will ever get thrown into that cinematic universe. It'll be interesting to see which of his personalities they pick and choose for the show.

17. RonandTammy

Regular

I mean, he's the bastard child of Charles Xavier...and that's canon I believe.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Lots of characters have kids that we haven't seen. And until they get their shit together in regards to long term story telling, they shouldn't include any of them. We've had X-Men movies that take place in four different decades, with zero build of any type of relationship between characters.

The Quicksilver reveal may have been the most anti-climactic reveal in comic book history. It's like Singer just doesn't care. Just another character that he can abuse SFX with. Doesn't need any characterization.

As a television show, Legion can shine. We don't need to know his father at all. If they want to slowly hint at it, that's cool. No need to include Xavier though.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. RonandTammy

Regular

It always bugged me how X-Men never included any of the really popular comic/cartoon mutants. They're going in the right direction with Sinister but I'm looking for Omega Red, or Stryfe, or Cable even.

I need to watch this pilot asap.

20. irthesteve

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The first half or so kind of felt like a mess, edited together like a music video or something. But it really came together towards the end, I'm down.

22. irthesteve

Weird, the editing was one of the things I loved the most about it!! I thought the episode was so perfectly sequenced/themed. Starting with kinda the madness and craziness referred to above, the episode starts you with so many quesions and some confusion, jumping between time periods and trying to figure out what is "real" or not. Then as the episode goes on, you think you get a feel for what is going on, then at the end you figure it all out and see the "good" vs "bad" essentially. The whole thing just felt so expertly crafted to me

23. So ya, that was awesome.

24. That was amazing. Need to watch it again to understand what happened at the end.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Thought this was awesome. Direction and cinematography was great and the colour grading fantastic.

dadbolt and Davjs like this.