Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Legion (FX) TV Show • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 31, 2016.

1. GBlades

Trusted

The MCU
    The Fox-Verse (contains Deadpool, The Gifted, X-Men, Legion)
    The Sony-WhatTheFuck-Verse

That's all.

2. But aren't each of the Fox-verse their own timelines?

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Holyyy shit that episode was one Hannibal level of fucked up

4. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

pretty incredible ep so far. definitely dan's emmy ep.

5. primavera

omg the rat lmao

6. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Oh my god the mouse scene was out of nowhere

7. primavera

"i'm not six..."

"so you don't want ice cream?"

"i didn't say that..."

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

this show is captivating even when I have no ide wtf is going on half the time

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Maybe my favorite episode of the show. So well done.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Damn, I'll be the contrarian and say I really couldn't get into this one. Almost felt like a filler episode to me. Maybe I'll have to rewatch

Fronnyfron and I Am Mick like this.
  11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m with you. Some great scenes but never really went anywhere. Dan was excellent though

tdlyon likes this.
  12. It did feel like a filler episode, though I enjoyed watching Dan play all these different versions of himself. It does kind of provide some additional emotional weight to the the loss of Amy. David envisions all these other lives he could've lived, some of them ending violently and one with his sister taking care of him in old age, but we're left at the end of the ep with Amy dropping him off at the facility and a montage of everything that will transpire afterwards. We're brought back to a reality in which Amy, as we know, will eventually die. It's heartbreaking.

13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Legion is kind of immune to filler episodes. The show’s MO is to dole out ten minutes worth of plot over three episodes and distract us with stylistic shenanigans. I’m not watching Legion for fast-paced plot developments.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Somewhat true, but I feel like an entire “what if” episode would still count as filler though.

15. primavera

it ends in the same place where the previous episode did. literally the same exact shot. it is, by definition, a filler ep. that doesn't mean it wasn't fantastic, which it was. filler can be fine, sometimes, when done well.

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

But what if that singing rat becomes a major plot point?

17. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Unfortunately, even though I enjoy it, watching it on a week to week basis this is exactly how I feel about the whole show(minus the premiere and finale episodes since they’re the most plot driven). I still love this show and when I rewatched S1 in one day, it flowed a lot more coherently. Hopefully this season is like that on a rewatch

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

All caught up. I loved that last ep. I totally forgot David’s sister was the one who stopped him from killing himself

19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I felt the same. I agree than Dan did a fantastic job, though.

tdlyon likes this.
  20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I thought last week's was brilliant. Seeing how David is able to try and cope with Amy's death because of his abilities is a fascinating idea and gives us another window into just how powerful this guy really is. He's not only able to project is consciousness into the future, he can even see into parallel universes. Crazy. Dan and Katie were just incredible in it as well. A high point of the series for sure.

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

well that was fucking weird

I genuinely don't know what to make of this season

22. primavera

i love it so much, now that atlanta is done it’s definitely my favorite thing on tv

23. Aw man is that it for Ptonomy, or are we going to see more of him via his mind being added to the mainframe? I liked all the scenes with future Syd. They have this uncomfortable atmosphere to them.

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

We'll definitely see more of Ptonomy and the weird computer he's trapped in

25. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Nicolas Jaar!