Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Legion (FX) TV Show • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 31, 2016.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yeah i like him a lot but that’s kinda wild haha. would have expected it for aubrey tbh

kbeef2 likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The direction they're going with Aubrey's character seems really interesting

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I feel like I am trying so hard to understand what’s going on/looking for secrets that I don’t fully get to just enjoy the episodes haha.

It looked like future Syd had black gunk on her hand, a dillusion?

4. I like that the overall plot seems pretty simple (Find Farouk's body before he does -> Help Farouk find his body because he can help prevent an even worse future), but the show is stretched out in such an interesting way. I can enjoy the all the weirdness without worrying about getting lost trying to follow the story, at least for now. Although, I'm probably missing clues here and there if the show is dropping them.

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

What the fucking fuck is going on. I don't know if I can stick with this - while the plot does seem relatively simple - I get so fucking lost getting there.

6. primavera

it's not that complicated and it's pretty artfully done. also, it's the second episode lol. i would have to assume any answers you might have will get answered as the season progresses, like they were in season one.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

You kinda just need to go along for the ride and just take things as is - very different viewing experience than practically any other show out rn

8. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I’m in the minority that finds the ride tedious and overwrought

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Interesting episode. I really like Navid Negahban as Farouk so far.

10. I liked the idea of people being trapped in their fantasies.

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

That was an oddly straight forward episode. Still really dug it.

Needs more Aubrey Plaza though. She went from such a huge presence to totally insignificant and it's a bummer

12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Oh yikes the ratings this season are abysmal. Hopefully critical acclaim is enough for FX to keep it going.

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The ratings have always been awful. FX wouldn’t burn Hawley though, they would at least offer him a final season to tie things up.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the third is the last though. That could be a good thing

primavera likes this.
  14. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The ratings have always been awful but they’re getting awful-er. The latest episode got almost half of the ratings of the lowest-rated episode from the first season. And the show doesn’t look cheap to make.

Definitely agree about season 3 tho.

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

it's just not accessible to people jumping in so the ratings look worse bc they're not grabbing anyone along the way

this isn't to say it's not doing bad just that it's not in a great position to start with

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I understand giving up on the show, every time I watch I'm like do I like this or do I hate this what is going on why am I watch it, it's beautiful obviously but it's not an easy show to watch

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm comfortable saying this is my favorite show currently airing

angel paste and primavera like this.
  18. primavera

same. it, atlanta and riverdale

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I love this show for the visuals alone. The whole thing is great though

20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah, this show is a fucking spectacle week in and week out.

i've said this many times before but this show fills my hannibal void

Anthony_ and primavera like this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This show is just a wonder in every respect. The way the script is written, the direction, the cinematography, the set design...it’s an absolute masterclass in experimentation.

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This season has gone so far into the bizarre, it's great. O I love going into everyone's mind mazes, Syd is gonna be crazy

23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Wow, straight from Bon Iver into The National. Really goin for that indie cred.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this site is going to explode

zmtr and kbeef2 like this.
  25. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Think that one was a bit too self-indulgent for me. Loved that they did the opening title stuff at the very end tho lol.

irthesteve likes this.