Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Legion (FX) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, May 31, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I finally watched The Guest. I'd consider myself pretty straight...I would've fucked Dan Stevens in that movie. What a handsome and charismatic motherfucker

stayillogical and irthesteve like this.
  2. I don't know if I can say with confidence that Jessica Jones is the best Marvel show anymore.

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I definitely can, with Luke Cage tied, but this is a real close second

4. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I would agree if JJ was about 3 episodes shorter. It's length and meandering plot jocking is a mistep, where Legion is perfectly paced from start to finish.

Legion also has Marvel beat in Style and tone by miles imo.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Idk I'm a sucker for the noir vibe JJ cultivates

EmmanuelSCastle and nl5011 like this.
  7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Damn, does that mean Aubrey Plaza won't be back?

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I'd be very ok with her not coming back. Having a kind of anthology series with Shadow King is a very smart way to go about a psychic being that really can't be killed per se.

Can really open them up to varied settings and time periods as well

Also, Lenny's arc is pretty complete from this first season...

nl5011 and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

She's still in it -Hawley mentioned at the panel that Taghmaoui, Jermaine Clement and Plaza form a sort of trio of villains for the season.

10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I just think she did such a good job I'd love her back in any capacity. She was genuinely terrifying very often

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm just so curious where this could go. I will be so bummed if it turns into a real superhero show where it's actually about mutants fighting each other and shit. It needs to remain weird and trippy.

nl5011 likes this.
  12. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I don't usually rewatch tv shows, but I've seen this season 3x already. It's just so layered and such a stylistic treat.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Wow, I wonder what happened and how this is going to effect production of the show. They started working on the second season in September.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I wasn't even aware they were going to show the shadow king as a normal dude

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I know it's dumb to even care about it, but it's bullshit how this has received no love from the Emmy's or Golde Globes

Anthony_, Joe and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Coming back in April

cwhit, Cameron and Joe like this.
  17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

oh hell yes, i'm more excited for this to come back than any other show. need that visual stimulation hrrrng

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Cool

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

So apparently a 1 year gap between the end of this season and the next. Really hope they get back to the visual mind-fuckery earlier in the season. The finale really fell flat too, but definitely my favorite of all the superhero shows.

cwhit likes this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah I don't know how they're going to keep it super weird and trippy now that The Shadow King isn't in David's head, but I have faith in Hawley.

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Awesome that it's coming back in April but do we have confirmation that April is coming back?

(my obnoxious way of asking if Aubrey Plaza is returning)

Matt likes this.
  22. GBlades

Trusted

It'll be good to see how they incorporate the Disney/Fox deal or IF they are going to do so. Legion was one of the best TV series I'd watched and it would be a shame to see it now go to waste.