Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Leatherface (2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Jul 17, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

2. Davjs

Trusted

I will always give a new Texas Chainsaw movie a chance, but man it's sad the series is still riding on just one good movie (the original) and nothing since has been really too good.

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I just watched the 40th anniversary edition of the original, and it holds up so well. Enjoyed the most recent installment a fair amount, too. Don't have high hopes for this but will watch.

4. Looks like the generic reboot of a classic horror movie, with Rob Zombie gore.

5. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah the OG still had some crazy unsettling moments.

Are you talking about the latest one where it actually takes place after the OG where Leather Face is a good guy protecting his cousin? Not to be a downer but I only enjoyed the opening credits that used clips from the OG lol.

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I am. It wasn't great by any means, but it works with what the original crew described Leatherface as in the first film. A mentally disabled man who had been abused by his family his whole life who killed the outsiders because he misunderstood the situation. Makes some sense that after a long time separated from his abusers and actually having care shown for him that he could take to protecting his cousin, given that he was "protecting" his home in the original.

7. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

"Inside" has some of the most unsettling violence I have ever had to see, maybe that will work for this movie??

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

That jump scare legit got me.