Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

League of Legends Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Yo the new Lissandra skin is sooooo dope. Lissandra is a super underrated champ to begin with and this skin is making me fall back in love with her.

2. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Another champ that's super frequent in pro play haha her utility is insane and she's so safe too

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Yeah her E and Ult are great utility tools. Plus her damage is pretty outrageous mid-late game.

4. MFA

Spamming Kha'Zix in ascenscion rn and it's uber fun, literally deleting people with a single Q-AA is unbelievably satisfying

5. MFA

Anyone watching IMT v TSM atm? Top lane Lucian HERE WE GO BOIZ

shit like this is why I love Huni and Reignover

6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I cannot believe that TSM 3-0'd them, holy shit.

7. MFA

Yeah. For god knows whatever reason they thought only having 1 tank for the whole series was a good idea in a tank heavy meta... Hauntzer picking Maokai and never dying pretty much singlehandedly destroyed IMT's series in tandem Huni's refusal or inability to play tanks. Still love the fact they picked Lucian top, but it wasn't into GP which is the main reason why you would pick it - Lucian annihilated GP's lane phase and poke because he melts his barrels with his passive.

Also the fact that IMT never picked tank Ekko, which Huni actively plays, which is the most broken-ass shit atm, is mindboggling

8. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

MSI trailer is pretty cool.

9. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Downloaded this yesterday for fun. I was playing Heroes of the Storm a little before (like maybe downloaded that a week ago) and one of my friends said he was trying to get into League so I downloaded this as well. Any tips for absolute beginners to the game/genre in general? I can already tell I'm gonna need to read way up on the champions and abilities, but any other advice is definitely appreciated!

10. MFA

Try learning last hitting first imo - getting the killing blow on a creep (meaning a minion). In HotS, so long as a creep dies while you're in the area your team will get experience, so you can just hit the creeps willy nilly and not give a damn. In League, you're going to want to explicitly get the killing blow on a minion, as it gives you gold to buy items and experience to level up. As a rule of thumb, if the enemy minions are up to your tower and attacking it, the tower will take 3 hits to kill the melee minions and two for the ranged minions. When a melee is attacking your tower, wait for it to be hit twice before attacking it, and for the ranged minions, it's usually best to hit it once before the tower hits it then hit it again after the tower has attacked it to ensure you get the killing blow, as a tower hit will take a ranged minion down to about 40% HP.

Another small tip is when you're in lane, try and avoid fighting the enemy laner when they have a lot of minions - when you attack an enemy champion, their minions will start attacking you too, and at the early levels they do a HELL of a lot of damage. If possible try and bait them to attack you within your own minions.

Also, as summoner spells, run heal and ghost until you gain Flash. Flash is the best skill in the game bar none.

Also try and follow the recommended item builds and don't just buy the most expensive things! Different champs have a lot of different ways to be built. If you're stuck, check out champion.gg, as it shows what the highest winrate runes (which you don't have to worry about until level 20 or so), masteries, summoner spells, and item builds are on this specific patch.

Hope that helps!

11. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

This is all great info! I've never played any MOBAs before so I need all the help I can get, especially since League seems so complicated (at least compared to Heroes). I've been having a lot of fun with it though, the levels of customization are incredible

12. MFA

It's an absolute slog to get all the champions though hah. I've been playing the game for about ~4 years or so and only just gotten all of them! Then again I only ever play ARAM once or twice a day so I don't particularly earn much IP.

Make sure to try all the champions on free weeks! You'll find one you absolutely fall in love with. Figuring out the role you enjoy playing most is fun, too. I used to be mainly Top/Jungle and absolutely detested playing either of the carry roles (Mid/AD Carry), until I started playing with a bunch of friends who were absolutely terrible. Like, genuinely awful. I would be top, be 3/1/0 or something at 15 minutes, look at the kill score - would be 4 kills for us, 23 for the enemy team. I had to start playing AD Carry to even have a hope in hell at winning the game.

I now fuckin love ADC lol. Putting the game on your back and dragging the rest of the shitters on your team to victory kicking and screaming feels fantastic

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  13. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Just started playing about a month ago. Really enjoying it. Took sometime to find a champ I liked. I've been doing some work as wukong. Trying to get to lvl 30 asap so I can stop playing with all the shitty bots in blind pick.

14. MFA

Why not do draft? Significantly better mode and good ranked prep too

15. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

You have to be lvl 30.

16. MFA

Na you only need 4 champions - you need 14 Champs to do draft pick and it includes the free rotation. Been playing recently with my friend as he's leveling and we've played draft together since he was about level 9-10

nl5011 likes this.
  17. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Ah your are right. It says 16 champs on mine. I figured everything locked was a level 30 thing. I'll have to buy some champs to unlock that!

Been playing ascension, that has been really fun.

18. MFA

Ranked and full runes and masteries are locked till 30 is all I think. And okay cool 16 Champs, I knew it was around that but wasn't sure of the exact number. Just grab some 450's and you're sorted!

Yeah ascension is a blast. Had an absurd amount of success with Kha'Zix on there

19. K0ta

Wake up, thread! Who's watching MSI?

20. nomoretape

TSM letting me down like always.

21. K0ta

The implications at Worlds make this the most depressing thing. Their indecisiveness/drafting was infuriating.

22. nomoretape

What hurts me the most is that they were so close of getting out of groups and couldn't. NA is even more of a laughing stock now.

23. MFA

As an EU resident

TY brother Flash Wolves

24. K0ta

LOL damn. As a CLG fan, last year was definitely more enjoyable for me. -_-

I love Flash Wolves. I think they're better than how they played in groups. Hopefully G2 can bring some honor to the west...

25. K0ta

They really botched that tie breaker. Classic TSM passive playstyle makes its return. I used to get so pissed off watching them lose for 40 minutes and then win one team fight and end the game. In that game, they took a lead and blew it. So disappointing.