Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

League of Legends Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 9, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

no thread for it so I figured I'd make a specific one for the game since it's one of the most popular games out there.

League of Legends is a MOBA game created by Riot Games and is free 2 play. Players take control of champions and use powerful abilities and spells to push lanes and knock down towers, ultimately trying to destroy the enemies "Nexus" which will end the game. There are several guides for specific champions and roles as well as general guides for getting into the game on Lolking, Mobafire, and even Steam.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Alistar support for life

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Awww not enough talk in here! Hi.

4. CoffeeEyes17

I've been itching to play since I went to rehab last week haha. Been playing a lot of mid, Talon and Orianna are brutal when played right. Ekko is great fun too.

5. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

I was just coming here to make a DOTA Thread then saw this, doesn't look theres much Moba love on this side of the woods , damn. :(

Ive personally never gotten around to playing LoL, mostly because ive been playing dota for a solid 10+ years straight now (my baby sitter installed Warcraft 3 on my computer and taught me how to play so he could just 1v1 me every time he came over) so the game is just kind of in my blood at this point. I also feel there isn't a big enough difference between the two for me to have any reason to switch (please correct me if im wrong). If League had a graphical upgrade though I might be more incline to try it.

6. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Been rinsing league for the past 4 years or so now. Gold for the past few seasons, then just finished my promos... Silver 1. My MMR is Gold 4. Rito pls, don't make me have to PLAY for the season rewards you butts

Nautilus is my homeboy

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  7. CoffeeEyes17

Zyras been my main lately, since I love mid and support and shes pretty great at both. A lot of people have no idea what to do against a Zyra but shes so powerful. Orianna is another favorite of mine also.

Dirty Sanchez and MFA like this.
  8. MFA

Dude I have seen Zyra an absurd amount recently as support... been on the receiving end more than a couple times and it's not fun hahaha

I tend to pref top and ADC, was top and support previously but then I started playing with 3 friends who'd only just started up the game recently again and they were all... not good. I realised the only way we could win games is if I could hard carry as ADC and babysit one of them who would be playing support so they didn't do anything dumb hah. If I went top, I'd leave lane 3-1-0 or something, then look at the scoreboard... 4-25 lmao. MUH STRUGGLE. Started playing mid a bit recently though and I've been winning a hell of a lot there while I've been losing about 70% of my games bot, so I'll likely just switch to top/mid from now on

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. CoffeeEyes17

add me! same name, CoffeeEyes17. Would love a good ADC to support haha. Yeah ive been having a lot of bad luck lately, i swear ive had like 5 different bards troll and throw 5 different games in the past 2 days. been wanting to branch out to top by playing Jax and Lee but im more comfortable mid/support haha

MFA likes this.
  10. MFA

Oh god I love bard but he is just by nature a troll champ. You can fuck with people so hard with him if you know what you're doing hah. Also unfortunately I'm EU man! On a teeny tiny 9x5 mile island called Jersey in the Channel Islands. If I ever wind up in America I'll send an add your way though buddy hahaha

If you fancy branching out top I'd recommend giving trundle a bash. He's pretty easy to pick up and he's absurdly dominant atm with all the tanks up there. People seriously underestimate his sustain and don't duel him enough to negate it in my experience - and then even if you do get beaten in lane, the more items their tank has, the better his ult is... he's kind of a win-win champ atm imo lol

11. MFA

Also I've been using champion.gg a hell of a lot recently and the tab icon is almost exactly the same as the chorus.fm forum tab and it's proper fuckin with me

12. CoffeeEyes17

Viktor is such an underrated champ. Crazy good damage

13. MFA

He has been played a hell of a lot in pro play for all season 5 and up till recently. He's hella good but I fuck up his E so much hah

14. CoffeeEyes17

Really? Huh, that's pretty sweet. I haven't kept up with the pros too much aside from second hand info from friends. I always like to try new stuff mid just to watch people struggle with how to deal with it haha. Elise mid is really funny and shockingly effective.

But ya Viktor is super powerful. His Q and E can't chunk people so hard. Diana is another fun mid but she definitely isn't underrated. Super powerful and mobile.

15. MFA

Elise mid? That's pretty interesting haha. I used to play her top back in the days where she was played in just about every lane lol. I can imagine she just melts people the second you hit a cocoon. Jhin mid is super fun too, currently saving up to buy Malz. Only have 5 more champs to buy now and they're all mid laners lol

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  16. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah Elise mid can wreak some real havoc especially when switching back and forth to generate spiderlings. Plus Rapel is such a good escape.

Malzahar is such a beast but he's a god damn headache to play against. That ult is nuts. Yasuo mid is super annoying too but really fun since his kit is just so loaded down with utility and damage.

MFA likes this.
  17. MFA

Seeing Yasuo more top than mid atm tbh he's a bit of a nightmare up there especially if you don't expect him hah.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

I've seen a couple Yasuos go top as well and they usually win just because it's so unexpected. The weirdest trend I've seen lately is Illaoi support. Surprisingly effective.

MFA likes this.
  19. MFA

Yea pretty much the surprise factor and lack of experience playing against it has screwed me over hah. I can see that working actually with an E max - get a good E on either of the enemy duo and they will be CHUNKED. Then they get pushed under their tower because they're low, then they have to deal with trying to get rid of the tentacles, you, your ADC and also attempt to CS... can see it being hideously frustrating lol

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

Exactly! My ADCs have such a hard time dodging tentacles, enemy pokes, and still trying to get CS. It's shockingly effective and I don't think Riot intended it to be that powerful but oh well.

I'm worried about this mid year Mage update. Zyras in the mix and they're talking about balancing her purely around support. She's an excellent support no doubt but I love taking her mid and one shouting people so I hope they keep her AP ratios the same. I just want them to rework her passive and the plant AI and I'll be a happy Zyra main. The other champs in the Mage update are going to be interesting also.

21. MFA

They actually went back on their word because of the backlash and realised, for the better, that they shouldn't be reworking her to fit a role but just make her kit better. They're 100% doing both of those things - Zyra's going to have a completely different passive, likely not to do with death anymore, and they're improving plant AI (like if you hit an enemy champ with a spell that spawns plants, the plants will automatically attack the champion hit as opposed to only focusing them after you get an auto down).

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17 Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    CoffeeEyes17

Good because that was really dumb of them to say so I'm glad they're listening to feedback. The riot poster that originally made that comment seemed really standoff-ish with everyone. I wonder how these changes will affect the "big 3" of Ahri, Zed, and Fizz since they've said there will be tweaks to all mages. Come to think of it they might not touch Zed since he's technically not a Mage but he may as well be lumped in with the others. He has all the symptoms of a Mage (mobility, burst, squishy) idk. Also excited for any Orianna tweaks since I love her almost as much as Zyra.

MFA likes this.
  23. MFA

Zed is classed as an Assassin, and riot said they will look at him alongside Talon and Akali etc for another class update.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  24. CoffeeEyes17

that makes sense. Is Katarina considered an assassin too? Because they need to tone her down a lot. Thats the ONLY champion I would want deleted from the game entirely.

I really do like Riot doing this class wide updates though. They seem to be pretty effective.

25. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I got dark crystal ryze from the skin shard! Woo!

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.