Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LCD Soundsystem Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kyle is hk, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

There was not thread.

So I created one.

So I can brag about how I went to the reunion show Monday.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Staring to listen to them for the first time ever. Should I just start with the first album and go through chronologically?

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Someone Great/All My Friends is the best one two punch of all time

4. Kyle is hk

I'd say the easiest route in is reverse chronologically actually

5. Kyle is hk

I'd say the easiest route in is reverse chronologically actually

6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I wouldn't start with the debut, either other album is a better place to start.

Dude how great were those shows. So great.

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Sound Of Silver is the peak I believe

8. "All My Friends" is one of my favorite songs ever. Can't wait to see them in July.

9. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

How was the show? I was at the Concert Formerly Known as Last Ever lol

10. Kyle is hk

Really couldn't have been any better. Crowd was amazing. They closed the initial set with Home & New York I Love You then the encore was Dance Yrself Clean & All My Friends. You really couldn't ask for a better 4 song run.

11. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Start with Sound of Silver.

12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

If you're committed to listening to all three of their albums, I actually would go in chronological order. I'm sure you've listened by now since this was almost a week ago haha.

Anyways I really just got into this band a few months ago, just before James announced they were getting back together. Perfect timing for me. Can't wait for the new album.

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I have indeed listened! I loooove Dance Yrself Clean

14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

That is my favorite LCD song! Right behind it is "Someone Great".

15. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

"All My Friends" might be the best song ever written about getting older.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I just listened to 45:33 for the first time, really enjoyed it.

17. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

I only caught a bit of their stream from Bonnaroo last night, but their set got rave reviews. That just makes me all the more excited to see them at Lollapalooza next month.

They weren't in the group of acts that Lolla announced were playing aftershows, but it seems like what LCD has been doing so far has been announcing an aftershow a few days before the festival itself. Really crossing my fingers that I can see them at a place like the Metro instead of dealing with all the drunk suburban teenagers at Lolla.

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

just scored tickets to their lolla after show. im fucking pumped!

19. junkmanserenade

Had five devices working right when they went on sale, still didn't get tickets. At least I'm going to the actual festival.

20. Their set tonight was really something special. I'm so glad I got a chance to see this band perform.

junkmanserenade likes this.
  21. junkmanserenade

One of the best moments of my life. I was right in front in the center of the crowd, and the energy was amazing. The mosh pit we started during "Movement" and then the nonstop jumping up and down as a whole during "Dance Yrself Clean" were so much fun. And of course, "All My Friends" couldn't be any more perfect.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  22. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I was able to see one of the shows at the metro and last night holy shit. i never thought they'd be so good live. both were a couple of the best ive ever seen.

ps im stupid hung over and have a broken phone from me being a child at both shows so

junkmanserenade likes this.
  23. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

I love this band. Really hope to hear some new music in the not-to distant future.

They're a band of high-highs and a lot of mediocre music for me, though. I always say that LCD Soundsystem has the greatest number of songs I dislike out of all the bands that I love lol

Conversely, Arcade Fire has the greatest number of songs I love our of all the bands I don't like.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I think Sound of Silver is the only album of theirs that I really enjoy all the way through.

I also can't wait for new music. After their "comeback" announcement early this year, I would've thought for sure we would've gotten some sort of announcement about new music by now. I don't mind at all though, this year has been soooo stacked, I really wouldn't mind waiting until sometime next year.

25. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Kyle is hk and Jim like this.