Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LCD Soundsystem - American Dream (September 1, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by elphshelf, May 17, 2017.

1. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

this is really good. riyl LCD soundsystem

Contender likes this.
  2. Jim

Trusted Supporter

how do you sleep? is so fucking good

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

oh baby, tonite and call the police are all great but i don't think i'll be returning to much else on here

5. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Boy. This is a weird album for them. I dig it though, more than I thought I would.

6. the rural juror Aug 31, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 31, 2017)
    the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Oh Baby is a great opener

edit: Just finished the album, the whole thing is fantastic. Welcome back, LCD.

7. Syre Dream

Regular

Oh baby might be my favorite opener from them. This album is great and lived up to my expectations.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  8. Jim

Trusted Supporter

8.5 BNM on pitchfork

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it's so strange, I wasn't huge on those songs and I really think they are the best ones on here, plus the opener maybe. Really don't find the majority of this to be at all interesting

fame likes this.
  10. Kyle is hk

Every LCD album has a single song I can't stand and on this one it's Emotional Haircut.

Jim likes this.
  11. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

This albums really cool. I don't know too much about LCDs history/growth so I can't speak too specifically quite yet

Obviously sonically nothing like Science Fiction, but I get the same kind of "time to just sit and calm down" vibes from both which is weird

12. Kyle is hk

Honestly I find the history/canonization/"importance" of them incredibly boring. Their catalog is strong enough to stand on its own without all that hubbub.

Perhaps that's why I think "Losing My Edge" is by far their most overrated song.

13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

If the canonization/"importance" part of your post is in relation to me, it shouldn't be.

I more just meant I'm not super familiar with their music

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i've never been a huuuuge fan of them but sound of silver is a tremendous accomplishment full of some of the best songs of the millenium so far, and that justifies their existence and praise to me

troyplaysbass, tucah and Kyle is hk like this.
  15. Kyle is hk

No sorry I was more referring to all the reviews for the album that came out this week.

16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah...think I have to agree with you on this. They've never been one of my favorites, so maybe I'm just destined to be a casual fan of them.

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

at the very least, tonite is really a fantastic song and i'm glad we have that one here

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i agree with all this.

about halfway through and this is really fun.

19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

How do you sleep and tonite are by far my favorites, but the rest is actually growing on me a lot.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Really think I'm going to hold out for the vinyl experience, but it's so tempting to just listen right now.

21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Fuck yea I'm loving "oh baby" "i used to" and "change yr mind".

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I think "oh baby", "change yr mind" and "how do you sleep?" are my favorites.

23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

24. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I really like this.

I'm glad the two lead singles ended up being the weakest songs on the album because I was worried I was going to feel similarly about this and Everything Now.

25. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I love this album, especially "tonite." and "American Dream".

I wish I could go to some of those Brooklyn shows.