Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Law School Transfers

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Trotsky, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Trotsky

Trusted

If I recall, there are a few attorneys and law students on this site (@tkamB ) and I'm desperate for advice.

I under-performed on the LSAT (164) and took a full-tuition scholarship at a university in my home city ranked 70-80. I've been accepted to transfer to a T20 school on a $46k scholarship. So that basically raises by total student debt from $30k to $100k.

Any advice?

2. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Only real thing I would say is if you're trying to get into a large private law firm after graduation, the increase in debt is probably worth going to a top 20 school over your current one as you will more likely than not make it back in the long run. If you're looking for more of a public interest gig, it's a tougher decision. I don't think you should approach it much differently than how you picked which law school to attend in the first place, but I've never transferred and don't know anyone that's transferred so I really don't know much about the process. But hey, congrats on the acceptance and good luck man.