Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Latin Music • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kiana, Mar 11, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

This guy Columbian-Swiss guy has been putting out some stuff.

2. The Lucky Moose Apr 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

After a few days of car stereo heavy rotation, I have to say that the new Romeo Santos album is really good. The only critique I have is that it has maybe too many features, but that doesn't change how good the songs are. Also, the features are bachata legends. Overall it's more traditional than the last one.

As expected, the Aventura song is incredible. It's wild how perfect they still sound together. They just have to put out an album.

Romeo Santos' 'Utopia' Album Tributes Traditional Bachata: Stream & Listen

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I need to give his album a listen. I used to hate his voice but I think I'm coming around to it

4. The Lucky Moose

Definitely try again. This album is a good as any to start with. My favorite Aventura albun is God’s Plan.

Kiana likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

Some other 2019 songs I have in heavy rotation:

Yes, I like Nicky Jam.

6. HarryJS Apr 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2019)
    HarryJS

7. The Lucky Moose

A new bachata song I really like. It’s in Dutch and Portuguese. It’s charting here too so that’s fun.

Kiana likes this.
  8. The Lucky Moose Jul 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

New Bad Gyal.

9. The Lucky Moose

Fun.

10. The Lucky Moose

11. The Lucky Moose Aug 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

Los Lobos are underrated.

12. The Lucky Moose

One of my favourite bachata songs of the year.

Did this ever happen by the way?

13. EzeRojo

As an Argentinian, I've to say that this music sucks and it doesn't represent me. You guys should listen to Argentinian rock/pop/alternative, is fuckin' awesome and growing day by day.

Kiana likes this.
  14. Kiana

Noooooo

15. Kiana

What do u suggest

EzeRojo likes this.
  16. EzeRojo

OMG I've waiting someone to ask that my whole life (at least since I'm in this forum ;-p). Ok, so let's start:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

- Soda Stereo: Historical band from Argentina. Geniuses have described this singer (Gustavo Cerati, he passed away some years ago) as a "music architect".

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- Usted Señalemelo: Let's continue with this young and new band. They are all 23 y.o., and it seems as if they were playing music for 100 years. Just look at each one playing their own instrument, it's actually awesome. Simply spectacular.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, I think this is maybe enough for a start. I'll be actualizing this post anyway.

PS: I highly recommend to see THE WHOLE VIDEO and not just a part of it. There is always something new to see and I haven't chosen these videos in vain.

Enjoy my music, fellas :heart:

Kiana and tomdelonge like this.
  17. tomdelonge

Trusted

I've only heard one or two Soda Stereo records but they're super rad. Their sound crosses paths between post punky 80's and the big rock stuff in a very cool way. Their story is so tragic.

I've heard some great stuff by Charla García as well, although I'm not very familiar with his discography.

EzeRojo likes this.
  18. Kiana

Thanks I'll check them out! I used to keep a better finger on Latin rock/alt music but I've been so busy I've not kept up with aaaaaanything

EzeRojo likes this.
  19. EzeRojo

Your welcome! As I said I'll be updating this post so you can listen more about our music, you'll not regret :heart:

Kiana likes this.
  20. EzeRojo

Charly García! This crazy guy is fantastic, man. I'll post some of his stuff here. He's the guy who brought the rock to Argentina, and he had a huge political awareness in the most complicated moment of our country, when we were governed by the armed forces between 70's and 80's.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  21. The Lucky Moose

22. The Lucky Moose

Bad Gyal can't miss.

23. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

so very different from the stuff that usually gets shared in this thread but with everything going on in chile i figured would be the time to share. theyre a post-punk/new wave band called los prisioneros (the prisioners), theyre tremendously influential in chile and had a big impact around south america particularly in peru and new wave circles in colombia, they were also succesful in argentina but were somewhat overshadowed by argentina's own very good and very big new wave scene. unlike a lot of the bands of the era and genre their music was much more socio-political and became very controversial in pinochet era chile. their song "el baile de los que sobran" has become the anthem of the chilean protests and their music unfortunately resonates as much now as it did in the time of the dictatorship. all of their 80s album are good but for me their second album pateando piedras is their best and has their best social commentary. maybe some of you will find this interesting.

The Lucky Moose and Kiana like this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

25. The Lucky Moose Feb 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2020)
    The Lucky Moose

This guy makes good songs.