Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Late Night (Nisha Ganatra, June 7, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 26, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jan 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 26, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

John Lithgow, Paul Walter Hauser, Reid Scott and Amy Ryan round out the cast

written by and starring Mindy Kaling and getting rave reviews out of Sundance where it's being described as the next Devil Wears Prada

fun fact Paul Feig was supposed to direct but was busy with A Simple Favor

2. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Sounds like a good one. Im a fan of Mindy for sure, and Emma has been brilliant for decades....

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I haven’t been a fan of Mindys stuff so far, but I hope that changes with this! Hoping it’s great!

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen Mar 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 8, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This was a little aimless in the first act, but aside from that it's quite a bit better than I expected. Convinced everyone's gonna LOVE Emma Thompson in this when they see it

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Seeing a pre-release screening of this tonight. I'm actually pretty excited after watching the trailers.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

out tonight, who's going

8. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

They updated the release strategy. It was only released in limited theaters today. It's coming out everywhere next Friday.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 8, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

Emma Thompson was great
    I know the whole point was that writer's rooms could be a sea of interchangeable white boys but for most of the movie I had no idea who any of them were besides John Early and the guy from I Tonya haha, it was cute that her mentor was named after Jack Burditt though
    it's kinda sad if Mindy thinks she just got The Office because she's a WOC, even if that's why she technically hired her she had a successful Off Broadway play
    I think this also kind of glamorizes the lack of work/life balance and that it's okay for someone to treat their workers like shit if they're brilliant
    Also Mindy thinking sites like Slate Jezebel and Vulture are the enemy was weird
    I was also trying to think of what Katherine's real life counterpart would be, kind of a mix of Conan Ellen and Letterman I guess

This seems really negative which it wasn't I liked this and it was funny and cute, it's just hard not to see things in the broader context of the world for me

10. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Thought this was pretty good! Stacked cast too.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I thought this was decent.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This is on Prime now