Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Late 90s/Early 00s Pop Music Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 6, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I didn't know haha! You never saw stuff like this on AP (that I remember anyway) so I got super excited.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

naw you're right! Threads here are much better.

3. DarkHotline

Oh totally, like this is the first time in forever that I've been just going through everything and posting. Haven't done that on AP in years.

4. DarkHotline

I will forever love this song. Speaking of BSB, Nick was totally my first male crush.
    [​IMG]
    All I wanted was for him to just serenade me.

5. DarkHotline

As an adult tho, it's all about Kevin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He's aged the best out of all of them.
    [​IMG]

6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I liked them both. Never was one to pit them against each other. I think after the initial introductions, they were trying to accomplish different things.

7. Kiana

I was an aj girl growing up cause I wanted to be contrary probably but now I'm Howie all the way. And brian. And kevin. I just love them lol

8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

It's funny how much being an impressionable kid plays into this. My sister's favorite in NSYNC was always JT, but she told people it was Joey because her best friend liked Joey best, too.

9. Kiana

I think it's like a boy band ritual. Some people choose a member just to be contrary or because their friends have claimed all the other members and they're left with the reject. Literally the only explanation of how Louis from One Direction has stans. I remember being Posh Spice for life cause my dad gave me her barbie doll lol but I hated her cause we would rent Spice World every weekend and reenact all the scenes and her scenes were too boring cause she was too uppity to do anything fun. Yet I had to be her cause I had the barbie. I don't even know.

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. Meerkat

As a kid I always wanted to be Baby Spice and a few years ago I realized the fascination was her being my first crush. Totally set the tone for "my type"

cshadows2887 likes this.
  11. Meerkat

I should also probably mentioned my boyband "crushes" mostly ended up also being gay. I guess I sniffed it out or something and latched on

12. Kiana

I don't think I ever really crushed on a boy band member so much as it was like peer pressure and everyone else did so I did too lol. I remember at sleepovers the girls would discuss their crushes but I never had any so I'd lie and make them up to not seem weird

13. Meerkat

Try having to explain thinking Sporty Spice was the coolest but always insisting on being Baby Spice or being "best friends" with whoever got to be Baby Space haha

Kiana likes this.
  14. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

So..no one thought to tell me this thread existed?

[​IMG]

Meerkat likes this.
  15. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I still listen to this Aly and AJ jam.

Kiana and Meerkat like this.
  16. Meerkat

@AelNire Excuse me friend there is both a working search function and a user (myself) who posted in this practically daily for like a week this is on you I love you please don't leave

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Damn, I definitely missed it somehow. Ok, ok..I'll stay. :crylaugh:

Meerkat likes this.
  18. Meerkat

@AelNire I'm only being sassy because someone else just said the same exact thing haha.

AelNire likes this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

one of these girls is on iZombie, yeah?

20. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Yeah, Peyton.

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

She's dopeeeeeee. I need to watch this week's episode still thouuu

22. rebecca

Regular

Does anyone here like Gin Blossoms? One of the most underrated 90's bands in my opinion.

stnewton and AelNire like this.
  23. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Ooooooooooh me!

Also NotDan, if he migrates here.

24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I kind of feel like I might be the only person who loved M2M.

supernovagirl likes this.
  25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I try not to spam here..