Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Late 90s/Early 00s Pop Music Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

@cshadows2887 You're underestimating my ability to make critical discussion out of a completely bizarre yet incredibly fulfilling duet between Stevie Wonder and 98 Degrees on a Disney song

Garrett L. and DeviantRogue like this.
  2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The Lion King is my favorite movie but I think Hercules has my favorite songs, partially because I love the Muses so much.

Garrett L. and DeviantRogue like this.
  3. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

"Go The Distance"!

4. Meerkat

Okay so I can confirm that you guys will throw some posts in a Disney music thread and instead of looking like a lonely nerd I'll look like a nerd with friends?

5. Meerkat

Listening to Millennium from front to back for the first time in a really long time

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I wasn't sure what thread to post this in but :fire: :fire: :fire:

cshadows2887 and Meerkat like this.
  7. Meerkat

ChaseTx likes this.
  8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

She needs her own thread!!!!

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

10. cshadows2887

11. Meerkat

More rumors about that Spice Girls reunion tour. Do want.

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

There are so many R&B songs from this era that I used to love but I can't remember what any of them are called because I was like 5-8 years old at the time.

It took me a bit to find these two.

supernovagirl and ChaseTx like this.
  13. cshadows2887

Welp, I feel 100 years old now

stnewton and Meerkat like this.
  14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

15. Meerkat

I just laughed so hard I dropped my laptop

cshadows2887 likes this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Before they loaded I was def anticipating them to be some obscure r&b jams lmao. Love those songs tho

17. cshadows2887

It was inevitable. I remember the first time I heard the brand new single "I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" followed by gigantic hit "The Sign" and wished I had my cassette deck handy so I could have taped them both.

I am a dinosaur

18. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Well, I said I was super young so it was definitely going to have to be something that played on the radio.

19. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

YOU ALL HAD A THREAD FOR THIS AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?! I AM SO SAD RIGHT NOW :verysad::verysad::verysad:

20. Meerkat

Search function works here friend

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Kiana

I think we're similar in age! I think those songs are just so ingrained in my daily life lol. Like they have not left my music rotation since they were released. Case of the Ex is probably on 3 playlists I've made just in the last year alone which is def not a humble brag and more a reflection of the predictability of my playlists. I can listen to a mix I made a decade ago and put on a playlist I made yesterday and there's guaranteed to be at least 5 same songs on each. I need to branch out!

morgantayler likes this.
  22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This stuff is my jam, I will always be down to talk about this stuff. So let's get this out of the way, thread, who was your favorite: BSB or N'Sync? Personally, I prefer BSB. Better songs, better melodies, and better singers over all.

23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Ah, I think you're right. I never really got into music until later though so those mostly left my memory :/

24. Kiana

Understandable! That's why I like to throw on those decade specific Spotify playlists or put on my old compilation hits cds haha. Always guaranteed to be a few things I nearly forgot about but can still remember all the words to like it was yesterday lol

morgantayler likes this.
  25. Meerkat likes this.