Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last TV Show You Watched, Name & Review TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

Started watching "Love" on Netflix. Interesting show, its a little heavy-handed at times, but Gillian Jacobs is really impressing me with her performance. 7.5/10 so far, and I'm 5 episodes in.

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

After finishing I'd agree with 7.5, I liked it a lot.

3. I made it 20 minutes into an episode last night and bailed. Does it get better? I just really hated Gus and the "woe is me" plot. I think I'm 5 years too old for the intended audience and become "old man yells at cloud." I thought it was gonna be funny and "his cum is still in me" jokes wasn't doing it last night. I feel like a lot of people I trust like this and I should give it more time, but, I dunno. It just wasn't clicking.

dharkins likes this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

Gus gets TREMENDOUSLY better as a character (which I know isn't saying much). I was extremely hesitant as well, Rachel had to beg me to keep watching, but there is a lot of change in his attitude as the season goes on, both for better and for worse.

EDIT: And the humor does grow better as the show goes on as well.

5. I'll give it another go at some point, but coming off the phenomenal relationship comedy You're the Worst, this had me so bored I was on my phone like 10 minutes in. I don't mind awful people in my entertainment, but I have a hard time watching stupid people consistently. And there is a difference!

6. Fucking Dustin

There definitely is haha, I agree with you on that. I'd say it's worth giving it a couple more episodes sometime, but it won't take long to decide whether or not it's for you. I'm not gonna pull the Parks And Rec "it gets better" card for half the first season, it'll be obvious whether or not you'll like it after the first few episodes.

I'll have to give You're the Worst a shot. I'm so behind on television these days.

7. Gonna give it 5. Might go finish the first episode tonight. I should get off the computer after 12 hours.

YTW is, IMO, incredible. The first season is great, and really funny, but I thought what they did with the second season was nothing short of brilliant. They took the characters on a turn that is the most real depiction of life/relationships I've seen in a long time. I loved it.

dharkins likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

I think that'll be what I try next, it'd be nice to see a real depiction of relationships considering how few of those I've seen in real life. (zing) My weekend plans are now set!

9. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

Yeah, the second episode is much more laid-back than the first episode, there's a complete tonal shift for the better. If Gus kept up with the "Woe is Me" attitude, it would have been terrible but they do a good job of showing the growing dynamic between the two main character, and how they are each other's catalyst for becoming better people.

And I tried watching YTW for 3 episodes and wasn't as captivated by it as you are. I'll try to give that another shot this weekend as well.

10. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Finished watching Flaked last night and enjoyed it but think I enjoy it for the potential it has. Really good first season if they explore everything deeper come season 2. The "goodness" of season 1 almost will be determined by what's to come in a weird way, for me.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. Added this to my list. I haven't heard great things, but I love Mitch Hurwitz and enjoy Will Arnett, so I'm willing to give it a go.

12. Jason Tate Mar 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2016)
    Billions, Season 1, Episode 9.

This show continues to fascinate me. I'm drawn to moral issues of the "government" bending the rules (or outright breaking the law) to try and get those they think have broken the law. The central issue of this episode dealt with trading (and profiting) after 9/11. I wish they would have tackled the moral issues a little more. They kind of hand-waved the reasoning away a little too much for my liking. They discussed the why, and the personality of someone that went into a state where they just were trying to survive, and kind of on autopilot, but I think there could have been an interesting discussion on the actual morality of making money after or on 9/11.

I've been enjoying this show quite a bit each week, it's very much in my wheelhouse of finance/legal/drama that I like to watch. I don't know the kind of person I'd recommend this to though, because none of the characters are all that likeable, and they're all just really trying to look out for themselves the most.

13. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I prefer bajillion dollar propertie$