Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last Movie You Saw, Name & Review Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I'm sure they will. They're not gonna have much choice at some point. Hahaha.

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The logistics of this would be a bitch, but it would be SO cool if it worked.

3. Yeah, that sounds like so much fun.

Does 10 Cloverfield Lane really come out this Friday? Damn. My screenwriting professor is offering us bonus points to go to a Kubrick double feature at our local theater B-)

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Which films? I got to see 2001 on 70mm a few years ago and it was amazing. Also my first time seeing the film and I don't think I could have experienced it more perfectly for the first time.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. A Clockwork Orange and 2001! I've been meaning to rewatch the former for a while now, and as for the latter...I'm in the same boat. Couldn't be happier that my first time will be in theaters.

6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

A Clockwork Orange is probably one of my least favorite but I wouldn't pass up the chance to see any Kubrick on the big screen. They played a new restoration of Spartacus (one of the few I haven't seen) in Vancouver this weekend but I couldn't justify the travel time/cost for the one film, unfortunately.

7. Really enjoyed it. It met my expectations, which is rare in a comic flick.

8. I feel like I'm not going to like Deadpool because I find the character obnoxious, and I know he's supposed to be obnoxious, but that doesn't make it any more enjoyable for me haha. I'll still end up seeing it at some point.

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Thought it was very good. Awesome that it ended up making so much money at the box office. Batman v Superman is my next big one. Can't wait.

10. Definitely not as sold on that one. Feels like a setup for Justice League. Comic movies are generally at their worst for me when they try to do too much and include too many characters.

11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I know Man of Steel was pretty polarizing in regards to the people who loved it, and the people who hated it, but I loved that movie. Ha but then again, I'm generally not very picky when it comes to things like this, so my hype level for this one is really high.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. I could see how someone who liked MoS would like this one. I was on the other end of that spectrum. haha Looking forward to more Gaurdians of the Galaxy though!

13. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Watched Gravity for the second time the other night. Loved the visuals of Earth and the destruction of the ISS. I didn't realize how corny the dialogue was the first time I saw it. I could probably watch it on mute and be mostly satisfied.

14. Loved this one both times I saw it in theaters, but not so much at home. This one lends itself well to massive screens. The story isn't compelling enough on its own without the impact and size of space, which gets condensed on most TVs.

15. muttley

I made sure it was HD both times at home which definitely helped. I can imagine how awesome it would have been in a theater, especially IMAX.

16. very awesome. Interstellar was the same way during certain shots.

17. muttley

I'll have to check that out sometime. I'm a sucker for any space-y imagery.

18. I'm in the same boat; I'm not a huge comic fan, but I loved Man of Steel and am actually really excited/optimistic about Batman v. Superman. Love, love, love what we've seen of Eisenberg as Luthor.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah just from the small previews, I'm really excited to see more of how he portrays the character. In general though, I'm a huge Superman and Batman film, so I don't see myself not liking this movie.

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha well hopefully it will end up surprising you! But yeah I'm really looking forward to more Guardians as well. Very curious about the Sylvester Stallone casting..

21. I hadn't heard about that. Interesting...

22. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Orphan
    honestly could have been okay if it weren't predicated on such an absurd twist and devoid of any semblance of subtlety (my favorite might be the hammer scene where all caution is thrown out the window in favor of general plot advancement). also the vise scene was a perfect example of how to suck tension out of your scene by being too obvious, i felt absolutely nothing and it was definitely supposed to be an emotional/shock climax

23. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

10 Cloverfield Lane

90% a really great, tense, thriller with absolutely phenomenal performances. Then it makes one of the most baffling, horrible filmmaking decisions I've ever seen and turns into a completely different movie, tonally and thematically disconnected from everything it's so excellently crafted up to that point. Worth seeing, probably, especially for Mary Elizabeth Winstead, but man it would have been really, truly great if it trusted itself and the audience a little more.

24. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

I saw this at a pre-screening when it first came out, (which was a fun experience in itself) and it was pretty refreshing compared to the terrible PG-13 exorcism movies coming out at that time, but yeah that the "twist" was just absurd and uninspired at best, even at that time.

25. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I don't know if anyone else is listening to the You Must Remember This podcast, but yesterday's episode on John Garfield was just a wonderful listen. It's probably my favorite podcast at the moment, really excellent film history stories and looks into the contexts behind a lot of the greatest films ever made.