Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last Movie You Saw, Name & Review Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha. I thought it was so good. Right from the opening, just pretty fantastic. Now time for BvS next month!

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Saw San Andreas at Redbox the other day, haha and now looks like it's getting a sequel.

3. Hahhaa that movie is so ridiculous.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson Feb 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2016)
    Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Never would have ever guessed it would get a sequel... Ha apparently made a lot of money globally though.

But then again I actually didn't finish it, so I'm not sure if it was set up to have a sequel or not :-|

5. ...I also haven't seen The Godfather yet. Oops.

Not too interested in Deadpool, but I will be seeing The Witch this weekend.

6. The Witch was awesome. Audiences have been walking out because of the Chauncer English, and the beginning is admittedly pretty dry, but the payoff starts right around the halfway point of the film and is sooooooo worth it. Beautifully filmed, relentlessly creepy and metal af haha

ChaseTx and Eric Wilson like this.
  7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha I could barely get through the previews when they showed it in front of The Boy. Lol might be too creepy for me.

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Going to see Zootopia this weekend. Actually really looking forward to it.

9. I hope it's good. I'm looking forward to it.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Surprisingly I didn't know about it until this afternoon. Kind of snuck up on me. Was looking to see what was out this weekend, and watched the trailer for the first time today. Fantastic cast.

11. Aaron Mook Mar 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2016)
    Zootopia looks great.

Okay, so I'm on spring break and when I'm home, I have to resort to going to an actual movie rental place and catching up on films that aren't on Netflix, so I rented five movies this week:

Foxcatcher - 9/10
    The compelling true crime/sports story of wrestlers Mark (Channing Tatum) and Dave Schultz (Mark Ruffalo) and their strange, obsessive coach, John du Point (Steve Carrell). Excellent performances from all three leads.

Straight Outta Compton - 9.5/10
    Like many rap classics, this N.W.A biopic is sprawling at times bloated, but in a way only some masterpieces can be.

The Martian - 7.5/10
    Despite some speed bumps in the beginning, this film's endearing third act and a stellar ensemble drives it to near-classic status in the space adventure genre.

Crimson Peak - 9.5/10
    I'll have to read into the criticisms a little more -- I know a lot of people weren't into it because it was kind of pitched as a Halloween movie when there's actually quite a bit of romance in the first half -- but the gothic setting and visuals are stunning and the second half is a callback to classic thriller/haunted house/ghost stories. Once again, all three leads were amazing.

Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse - 3.5/10
    I'm a sucker for dumb comedies, but aside from a few surface-level laughs and some decent special effects, this movie is bad bad bad. Bad (nonexistent?) laughs, bad (nonexistent?) scares -- just an unbelievable amount of sex comedy and zombie film tropes.

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

@Aaron Mook I'm excited about Crimson Peak. I heard the visuals are quite amazing. Will be checking it out at RedBox at some point.

13. Eric Wilson likes this.
  14. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Zootopia was fantastic, may be my favorite out of Disney's recent quality output.

15. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I honestly had very low expectations for Zootopia so I'm very happy it's getting such great word.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Zootopia was so awesome. Loved it.

17. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

I just got back from seeing Zootopia with fairly high expectations and it absolutely met them. I really loved the movie. as Deviant said, one of Disney's best recent films.
    I still need to see Wreck It Ralph tho, as well

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I tried watching Blade Runner for the first time last night but I feel asleep. 0/10

But once I actually watch it I bet it'll be like a 7.

19. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

DISLIKE BUTTON

20. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

:redanger:

21. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Zootopia is fantastic. Deadpool is decent. Going to see 10 Cloverfield Lane Thursday night. Also will probably see either The Revenant or Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

22. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I guess my Film Club on AP is going to die soon. Anyone interested in doing one up here in the next few weeks?

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

We can just move it over once everyone who's contributed is here

24. Definitely don't let it die.

I was also thinking some cool things to do would be group watches of movies. Pick one, pick a date, do a live watch and chat kinda thing.

stnewton likes this.
  25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I'm gonna keep it going for now. Then hopefully all those folks move over here at some point and we can just keep it the same.