Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last Movie You Saw, Name & Review Movie • Page 119

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

The Hunt - 7.5/10

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

A Ghost Story - 10/10, wow…amazing film.

3. angrycandy

The Empty Man - 8/10

secretsociety92 likes this.
  4. angrycandy

The Suicide Squad - 8.5/10

secretsociety92 and SpyKi like this.
  5. angrycandy

The Green Knight - 8/10

xapplexpiex likes this.
  6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Enter the Dragon - 10/10

7. angrycandy

Ghoulies - 6.5/10

8. angrycandy

The Return of the Living Dead - 7/10

9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Spirited Away - 9/10

Ryan likes this.
  10. angrycandy

A Town Called Panic - 8/10

11. Morrissey

Trusted

I forgot all about A Town Called Panic until I saw it on my list for the next year thread. A very fun, weird movie.

angrycandy likes this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I started Rent the other night and good lord is was bad. I made it about 1/3 of the way through before turning it off. Is the broadway musical actually good? Or is it also bad?

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I love the movie of rent. Got me into musical theater

cshadows2887 and Colby Searcy like this.
  14. Colby Searcy Dec 6, 2021
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2021)
    Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yeah I love Rent

15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

But yeah I would say if you dislike the movie of Rent, even though it could have been better made, you probably just don’t like Rent.

cshadows2887 and aoftbsten like this.
  16. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Shang-Chi, probably a 7 or 8/10. I don’t get the hate for it.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

there was HATE for shang chi?

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I haven't seen Shang Chi, but I haven't heard a bad word about it outside of the usual Marvel critiques.

19. Gonna start utilizing this thread since I've been keeping up with Letterboxd so much. Here's what I've watched since the top of the month.

Vice (Adam McKay)
    7.5/10
    Hit or miss stylistically, but great performances, and those same artistic choices are what set it apart from other biopics. Worth the watch regardless of how much you know about Cheney.

Critters 4 (Rupert Harvey)
    6/10
    Very campy and distinctly 90s space horror. Angela Bassett and Brad Dourif rule. One of the easier Critters movies to get through. Very glad to be done with the franchise (I've seen Critters Attack).

The Matrix Reloaded (The Wachowskis)
    7.5/10
    We all just want to be that elderly Korean man holding tightly to Carrie Ann Moss on the back of her motorcycle.

The Matrix Revolutions (The Wachowskis)
    8/10
    Despite going long stretches without Reeves, this third installment (which is essentially the second half of Reloaded) combines the groundbreaking action of the original with the spiritual aspects of its predecessor. A fast-paced and unique conclusion to that trilogy.

Pee Wee's Big Holiday (John Lee)
    8/10
    A fun, bizarre, heartfelt, and somehow both nostalgic and fresh homage to Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Just a joy to watch for all ages. A film that unites the two King Pauls of Silliness, Reubens and Rust.

A Charlie Brown Christmas (Bill Melendez)
    10/10
    Linus started reciting scripture and my brain short-circuited and I got emotional. It's been a long pandemic.

Sisters (Brian De Palma)
    9/10
    Funny, surreal, and visually inventive with great performances and a twist I didn't predict, all packed within 90 minutes. Masterful stuff.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Didn't realize Shang Chi got hate. I hate pretty much all Marvel movies, but enjoyed that one quite a bit.

21. How could anyone hate Shang Chi aside from racists?

22. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Shang-Chi is the most engaged I've been with a Marvel movie in a while.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  23. Lucas27

Trusted

Shang Chi was very solid. It didn't blow my mind but I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it.

Also, been watching a bunch of interviews with Simu Liu and I want to be friends with him so bad.

24. Pseudo!

Regular

Shang Chi was great, it would have been even better if they had trusted the father son climax rather than tossing more cgi monsters at each other

25. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I wish any other director had done it. Having that cast back together (with some upgrades) and really outstanding production design, it should have been so much better. But Columbus is so pedestrian that it’s just pretty good