Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last Movie You Saw, Name & Review Movie • Page 118

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

The Assistant - 8/10

2. angrycandy

The Other Lamb - 8.5/10

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Into the Wild - 8.5/10

Wild - 6.5/10

"Into the wild" is a top 5 favorite movie for the wife. It definitely hits you in the feels and the way its made is absolutely beautiful. he's a great character to tell a story about and it's just an absolutely beautiful movie.

Wild feels a little more.... idk, i dont think she's that unique or special of a character to care about? Yeah, Western USA is gorgeous, but not enough to carry a movie

4. angrycandy

The Dark and the Wicked - 5/10

5. stars143

Trusted

Come and See - 9/10

...tough watch.

6. stars143

Trusted

The Love Parade (1929) - 5/10

7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Aw that’s one of the ones I love. It’s so randy and silly.

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Godzilla (1954) - 10/10
    Godzilla Raids Again - 8/10
    King Kong vs Godzilla - 5/10

9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Rodman - 4/10
    Mothra (1961) - 7/10

10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m on spring break and had a movie marathon yesterday...
    Mothra (1961) - 6/10

Mothra vs Godzilla - 8/10, I’ve seen this twice before, but having seen Mothra’s solo movie first gives more context and background info. Obviously not necessary, but still.

Hunchback of Notre Dame - 8/10, The darkest Disney movie I’ve seen. The music was amazing and I liked the serious tone and the characters.

The Emperor’s New Groove - 6/10, Quite jarring going to this from HBoND. It’s just so silly, but fun. Gronk is the best part.

11. aoftbsten Apr 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2021)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Mothra vs Godzilla was one of my favorites when I was a kid.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It's kind of funny how when I was a kid I'd watch stuff like that where it was obviously just someone in a rubber suit or other things with effects that haven't aged well (even in the 90s) but it never took me out of the movie. I wonder if kids today feel the same way when they watch things like that. CGI has grown leaps and bounds since I was little so I could see them having got used to that certain "realness" that comes with it in kids' movies. Do they just instantly laugh at old Godzilla movies or does it work for their imaginations?

13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Hunchback is the best MUSICAL Disney has ever released. Not necessarily the best movie. But the songs and score are staggering

xapplexpiex likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Threw on Training Day today, always a blast, but damn are there so many times you have to turn logic off with that movie. Guy’s first day in a new unit and he kills someone around lunch time and ten minutes later he and everyone who was there is back on the streets working the rest of the day as if nothing happened lol

15. angrycandy

Honeydew - 3/10

16. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Turned on Eurotrip for background noise. Forgot how stupid funny some scenes are and holy shit at the Matt Damon cameo. Totally forgot about that. How random lol

17. tomdelonge

Trusted

Tequila Sunrise - 2/10

I hated it! What a contemptible, white man smear of a movie. Just an arround offensive, demeaning experience.

Some beautiful shots tho

18. domotime2

Zookeepers wife - 5/10.

This story deserves better. Blandly directed, written, and acted.

19. angrycandy

Mortal Kombat - 6.5

kind of loved this but I cannot in good conscience give it any higher than a 6.5

20. aoftbsten May 20, 2021
    (Last edited: May 20, 2021)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Josie and the Pussycats - I don't recall it being this bizarre, but I kind of loved this. It holds up way better than I ever thought it would. Capitalism churning out and replacing a new 'it' thing every week just to sustain itself is possibly more true now than it was in the early 2000's. Plus, the soundtrack kicks ass. I've had Pretend To Be Nice popping in and out of my head for years now and I didn't realize it was from this movie.

Edit: Oh and billionaires trying to brainwash people into liking them is very real *cough*Elon*cough*

cshadows2887 likes this.
  21. angrycandy

Heat - 9/10

22. angrycandy

Don't Breathe - 6/10

23. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Midsommar 5/5

that was a fun watch

OhTheWater likes this.
  24. domotime2 Jul 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2021)
    domotime2

im going on a 90s movies ive never seen binge

Devils Advocate - 9/10

I actually liked this quite a bit. Cool tone. Fun story. GREAT visuals throughout. It's like Drag Me to Hell + Wall Street and Al Pacino. Pacino is FUCKING AMAZING in this. I love it. Now to be critical it goes from 0 to 1000 a little too quick for me. Charlize Theron's unraveling is SUPER quick. But other than that... i dig it.

Pelican Brief - 7/10

I'm a big sucker for these court procedural 90s movies. Haha it's hilarious how popular these were from like 1990-1995. Now on that scale, this was really really corny. Like, unbelievably corny and in the court world of movies, this is really fake shit. But again..i'm a sucker for these things. Edward Norton rules here because he always does. Ending is superb.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Through a Glass Darkly - 9/10, my fourth Ingmar Bergman movie. Not my favorite, but still excellent. I expected to see “god”. Harriet Anderrson has such a good performance.