Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last Movie You Saw, Name & Review Movie • Page 117

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I will not stand for HSM slander

SpyKi likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I’m saying I liked it! The songs are stuck in my head.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. Colby Searcy

Yes but would you enjoy it sober? Haha

That first song really sells you on the whole movie IMO

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, I think I would haha. It's got this fun cheesy kind of charm to it.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Colby Searcy

Skip the 2nd and watch the 3rd now

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Nah the second is gold, you can't skip Bet on It!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Kajillionaire was weird and great, Evan Rachel Wood is phenomenal and Richard Jenkins is great as usual. Gina Rodriguez is fantastic - I found her character an odd fit in the story, but I suppose that's the point

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My girlfriend and I tried watching the 2nd one and got about 1/3 of the way before we had to turn it off. It just wasn't good. Maybe I'll give the 3rd one a shot.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The second one is so funny! Bet on It and I Don't Dance are peak HSM. Gotta Go My Own Way is great too.

The third is probably the best of the three.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

watch Vitalina Varela. Quiet, still, film with some of the most stunning, lush lighting and cinematography of the year.

username likes this.
  11. username

hey you lil piss baby

Pedro Costa is literally the best working filmmaker.

Nathan likes this.
  12. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Not even a shot as his quality to counter that he’s not even the best working Pedro

13. Colby Searcy

Black Christmas (2019) 2.5/10

14. Jbent

Trusted

The Platform (2019) 7.5/10

Surprised that I liked this as much as I did. Thought-provoking and interesting, well paced and effective violence/gore. I definitely had to catch myself a few times trying to analyze the logistics and functionality of the prison/rules/operations. More of my own problem as I feel it laid out what it needed to. Usually I'm not very big on this type of ending or conclusion, but it actually works here, a less is more situation. I'm a sucker for the very bleak themes explored throughout really loved what this movie had to say and how they said it

15. Morrissey

Trusted

Having suffered through my first, and hopefully last, Madea movie, the one thing that was surprising was how right-wing it was. If it was a white cast, it would be mostly indistinguishable from many of the right-wing films that come out and arrive in theaters to church buses full of customers.

16. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

so were those 2 shia labeuf movies from last year actually good?

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Peanutbutter Falcon was a fine, heartwarming easy watch but not anything I'd rewatch. I haven't seen Honey Boy yet.

18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Honey Boy was good. Real dark

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Honey Boy was an abuser trying to justify his actions so in my brain it doesn't exist anymore

20. Morrissey

Trusted

The Assistant makes an interesting decision not to show the boss, a Harvey Weinstein figure. In last year's abysmal Bombshell, the camera loved to stick our noses in the grotesque, rotting, bloviated soon-to-be corpse of Roger Ailes, but anyone who has paid attention to the Me Too movement over the last few years knows that the perpetrators can be an Ailes type but can also be conventional actors or public figures. By not knowing more intimate details of the man himself, we can focus more on the system which enables this behavior, which in this case is an HR department that weaponizes itself against internal dissent. It is a muted, minor film but with a lot going on underneath that would be blown into histrionics by so many other filmmakers. Green knows, though, that for every major public figure that gets taken down by a scandal, a hundred continue to get away with it.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

watched walk the line, thought it was quite good as well as not really as obliterated by walk hard as i had feared

22. cshadows2887

Watched The History of the Seattle Mariners, a 6-part documentary on YouTube and it’s honest-to-god one of the best documentaries I’ve ever seen. It’s a legit miracle. Somehow a movie that’s basically a narrated Prezi with low quality YouTube clips and newspaper excerpts gave me goosebumps and had me wiping my eyes. I was gonna watch one segment and I blinked and I’d watched the whole 3h40m. It’s funny throughout and shockingly thoughtful/existential. Cannot recommend it enough.

yung_ting, Colby Searcy and Nathan like this.
  23. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Jon Bois is great. The Bob Emergency is stellar too.

yung_ting and cshadows2887 like this.
  24. yung_ting

Trusted

Need to watch both that and Fighting in the Age of Loneliness. 17776 is straight up one of the best things I’ve ever read.

25. cshadows2887

Watched this today and it's also excellent, if slightly less a definitive text.

Definitely have to see Fighting in the Age of Loneliness.