Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last Movie You Saw, Name & Review Movie • Page 113

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

50%/100%

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. Colby Searcy

I find enjoyment in almost every movie I've ever seen. I'm very not critical like at all

H&W was worth the one watch but definitely not something I'll buy or come back to.

4. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I'd say Holmes & Watson deserves a -5 out of 10.

secretsociety92 and angrycandy like this.
  5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I stayed away from that one but is it really as bad as people say? Or does that mean that if Talladega or Step Bro’s came out today people would hate them just as much?

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I don't know if weird to want to watch movies that are either directly about or have subplots of pandemics, but that's basically what I've chosen to do with my free time.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 8/10 - Still really solid start to a great trilogy. James Franco threatens to bring it down to a 7/10. He's not a good actor.

Contagion
    - 6/10 - Interesting watch given the times we are in, but I can't say I got much more out of it than that.

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Revenge - 7.5/10

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The Shape of Water - idk what I’d rate it, but i liked it and it was a lot different than what I thought. More fairy tale and less gritty fantasy. I enjoyed it.

9. Colby Searcy

We watched Hustlers last night and it was much different and better than I anticipated. Actually quite engaging!

Serh likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i watched some doc called "tfw no gf" and it's pretty easily what you dread it'll be once you peep the description

after that sometime i watched bound and it was really great. between that and the matrix, wachowski sisters can make whatever weird expensive trash they like

Colby Searcy and SpyKi like this.
  11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

John Tucker Must Die - 4/10

What the hell was that abrupt ending all about? There were a few instances in this movie where i thought, 'oh, harmless fun teen junk', but those moments were few and far between as the whole story was just SO weak and messily put together. I was ready to give it a decent enough review but then the ending happened? Did i black out and miss something? They just got to the moment where we realized that the three girls may have been simply jealous and mad at being rejected, and seemed like they were about to come up with a scheme to get back at the 4th girl...but then, bam it's Tuckers birthday party and lets do super happy everyone's friends ending instead.

And what's the message of this movie? We all lie, who cares. lmao

Overall pretty bad.

Meanwhile, i rewatch 10 things i hate about you and realize why that's a classic

cshadows2887 likes this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Been watching a lot of older films that I feel like I should have seen at this point in my life. Lots of Kurosawa.

Rashomon - 10/10 - Loved this more than I expected. So much of the way it's shot feels fresh even by modern standards.
    Seven Samurai - 7.5/10 - My expectations were probably too high going into it, but I still enjoyed it very much. Mifune is just a pleasure to watch.
    Hidden Fortress - 8/10 - Just a shit load of fun. As a big Star Wars fan, the influence this movie had on A New Hope is quite clear.
    North by Northwest - 7/10 - Solid movie, but something about Cary Grant's performance bugs me.
    12 Angry Men - 9/10 - Never would have thought a film taking place entirely in one setting would grip me so much.
    Sunset Boulevard - 8/10 - A pretty dark look at what happens to people when their dreams are broken down. Gloria Swanson is a real treat in this.
    Hunt for the Wilderpeople - 7/10 - I'm a sucker for a good coming of age tale and there's always a lot of heart in Taika's movies.

13. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Liking that post despite it saying anything remotely negative about Cary Grant

cshadows2887 likes this.
  14. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Seven Samurai score about 2.5 points too low.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

In theory, the way he plays the character is right. He's the perfect blend of cunning and out of his element. There's just something and I can't put my finger on it that doesn't work for me.
    I absolutely love the 1st half, but I was less into the actual battle against the raiders. At least two of the samurai end up feeling like nameless extras to me. I'll rewatch it one day and probably get more out of it. As I said, my expectations were probably unrealistic going into it, especially since I watched it after Rashomon which blew me away.

16. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I actually think it's less about Grant (who is an excellent actor) and more about Hitch. Hitchcock is always more into the mechanics and the visuals, and less into the humanity of the characters. So when he works with someone who inherently projects humanity and warmth like Jimmy Stewart or Joseph Cotten (even as a villain), you don't notice. But Grant was always more polished and, so he ends up being moved around more like a chess piece.

Nathan and aoftbsten like this.
  17. kelliblue

I watched Moneyball. I would give it 10/10. It was based on a true story and the acting was great. Brad Pitt was at the top of his game and Jonah Hill was also pretty good considering most of his acting experience is in comedy.

Colby Searcy and cshadows2887 like this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Hey everyone! So I actually started a YouTube channel since social distancing started, and I've begun doing monthly film diaries of everything I've watched. A few days ago I put out my video for April, which you can find below, and I'm going to also start doing short videos of new releases starting this week!

Fly Away Home
    Onward
    The Adventures of Sharkboy & Lavagirl
    A Face in the Crowd
    Travel Hymn
    Reservoir Dogs
    Big Fat Liar
    Underwater
    The Descent
    The Kid Stays in the Picture
    Lost in America
    Good Burger
    Circus of Books
    The Way Back
    Bee Movie

angrycandy likes this.
  19. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

It’s a very good movie that’s not a great baseball movie. I’ve always found that dichotomy really interesting.

20. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Godzilla: Final Wars - 7/10, so ridiculous

21. atlas

Trusted

Blue Valentine (2010) - 7.5/10

I watched this movie as my escape from the stressful real world for the evening. Folks, I cannot stress this enough: don't do that

22. soggytime

Trusted

Do The Right Thing (1989) - 10/10

Rewatched. A perfect film that is essential viewing in a time like this

23. atlas

Trusted

The Hunt (2012) - 8.5/10

Kids are a fucking nightmare. I will never have one. I won't even look at one. As far as I'm considered, kids don't exist

SpyKi and yung_ting like this.
  24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Legally Blonde - 8/10

First time ever watching this. I get it. This has a pitch perfect feel where its such a simple, pop song of a flick that just really works. Great story, great message, and how can anyone not fall in love with Reese here.

Jokes could've been funnier and I would have liked to see her so more law stuff but I'll take it.

I also get why this became a musical.

25. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

The Lovebirds - 6.5/10

Kind of what I expected (maybe even slightly exceeded my middle of the road expectations). It's silly and ridiculous, but it's fun. The best thing going for it are easily Kumail and Issa. They're so great.