Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last Movie You Saw, Name & Review Movie • Page 109

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I've probably watched Tangled at least half a dozen times, but never in the theater until now. I love this film so much. The lantern scene is so beautiful on the big screen I almost cried. Rapunzel is best princess.

Serh likes this.
  2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Love that movie.

My only knock is the score is a little underdeveloped. Not even that there aren’t some good songs. They just seem to be treated as a bit of an afterthought.

3. xkaylinh Sep 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 27, 2019)
    Abominable felt really special. And I'm totally not just saying that because I'm biased. Probably. Knowing Chloe Bennet was in this meant a lot; it was nice to have Asian American actors voicing the main characters in a story set in Asia for once (looking at you, Isle of Dogs). But I was entirely unprepared for how beautiful this was. It made me cry--and not because it was sad!!! There's one scene where everything comes together so perfectly--the story, the animation, the music--and I was just overwhelmed with emotion. The humor hit all the right notes, too; I was smiling through most of it. My only gripe is there are a lot of fake-outs. I feel like after Toy Story 3 I've kind of come to expect it in children's films, but this just had a few too many in quick succession. Anyway, don't miss out on this. I hate it when people were like, "Wow, I didn't expect Spider-Verse to be so good for a cartoon, or else I'd have watched it in the theater!" Ugh. Watch this in the theater. Now.

And stay through the credits.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Ad Astra - 9/10

secretsociety92 likes this.
  5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

any reputable film publications post best of decade lists yet?

6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Indiewire

Your Milkshake likes this.
  7. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The fact that any site would dare post a best movies of the decade list before Cats, which will obviously be one of the best films of all time, is ridiculous

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It’s fucking offensive is what it is is what it is.

aoftbsten likes this.
  9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also I feel like best of the decade lists really shouldn’t be posted until NEXT year at the earliest because you’ve barely had any time to sit with 2019 movies.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. Yeah I don't even attempt to make EOTY lists until February when I've caught up on the Christmas/Oscar season releases.

TJ Wells likes this.
  11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

only asking for just in case since apparently the music publications all decided to do it

SpyKi likes this.
  12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Escape Room - 5/10

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Godzilla: King of the Monsters - 7/10

total fan service, but I’m a big Godzilla fan, so whatever.

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The Dark Knight - 10/10

Probably my 70th or so time watching it. Not kidding.

15. secretsociety92 Oct 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 29, 2019)
    secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Not posted in here in a while but going to start again by focusing on certain films rather than everything I watch, beginning with the practically perfect near three-hour epic that is Grand Prix.

Directed by the underrated John Frankenheimer this sports drama is incredible not just on a technical level as the cinematography, editing, sound and horrifying car crashes make for some of the tensest and thrilling scenes involving cars ever put to film but thanks to Frankenheimer's direction the technical prowess of the film doesn't smother the human element that is necessary to give the film the weight and drama needed to make such feats all the more worthwhile.

Will certainly be keeping more of Frankenheimer's films in mind in future as though I have seen several of his I still need to watch The Manchurian Candidate, Seven Days in May, The Train and Seconds.

16. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

The Lighthouse - 10/10

masterpiece

oncenowagain and xapplexpiex like this.
  17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I can’t wait for this.

oncenowagain and angrycandy like this.
  18. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

gonna have to agree

The Lighthouse -10/10

two of the most absolutely brilliant performances I’ve seen in some time

have never seen two actors carry the weight of a nearly two hour performance (essentially alone) with such competence

angrycandy likes this.
  19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

so glad you enjoyed it. it's truly incredible

oncenowagain likes this.
  20. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The Lighthouse - 10/10

believe the hype

angrycandy likes this.
  21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I want to see it so bad. Ugh

22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The Lighthouse - 10/10

I know I made that joke earlier about how no one should have made best of the decade lists before Cats came out, but they really should have waited for this. Maybe it's just recency bias, but holy shit was this a masterpiece

angrycandy likes this.
  23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

can you take a person thats not into art films to the theater with you to see The Lighthouse and not have them resent you?

24. cshadows2887

This has been in my DVR for evvvvvvvver. I always just hesitate at the 3 hour runtime.

I've seen all 4 of those, and Manchurian is easily his masterpiece. Seconds is great thought-provoking sci-fi though. I was sorta underwhelmed by The Train, but it has its fans.

Have you seen Birdman of Alcatraz?

25. cshadows2887

Nope. Haha