Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last Movie You Saw, Name & Review Movie • Page 102

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i get into cycles where i'll watch a ton of stuff and then a while where i'll watch very little. i want to get a little more regular and spaced out bc i tend to take 1-3 days after i watch something to process my thoughts on it fully

angrycandy likes this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I go through spurts. 2013-15 was when I finally got a Blu Ray player and started my Criterion collection, so I watched a ton. Now I'll watch dumb movies once/twice a week and carve out maybe one major blindspot every month or so. I still have an hour left of A Brighter Summer Day that I'm trying to fit in. Just bought Lovers on the Bridge which I'm excited to watch.

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

When I lived on my own for about two years in a studio apartment I watched a ton of movies. I'd just come home from work and put on whatever.

4. username

hey you lil piss baby

I still go through like 5-7 films a week, sometimes more. But gone are the days where I would smash 3 in a day. That doesn't happen outside of festivals or stacked rep. screening days.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I see at least one to two movies a week, usually in theaters having to choose which movie to watch at home is overwhelming

6. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Lovers on the Bridge is excellent. Great investment.

7. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

8/17/18

Blockers

Very enjoyable. A little bit too long though, i feel like it sagged in parts (not sure if i watched an extended cut or not, can't remember what the cover said) but overall a fun film. wasn't expecting it to focus so much on the parents though. thought it was going to focus on the kids more.

Cena was surprisingly awesome. i wonder what people think of him who have never seen him before (i.e. the folks who don't watch wrestler / haven't seen his promos).

the scene though when Cena's wife is talking about women's rights and being equal to men though - it totally makes sense now and was well written and fits with the times, but i wonder if in 15-20 years that scene will stand out as super awkward and people will think it was oddly jammed into the film. like, people who are 2-3 years old now and watch the film in a decade, will they understand why that scene was added or will they think / view it differently than we do now who are in the middle of the #meetoo movement.

the three main girls were very funny. glad they didn't overuse the chubby redhead kid. most of these types of films overdo that type of character, but they used him sparingly which works here.

8. stars143

Trusted

Boy (2010)

This is a New Zealand coming of age comedy-drama from director Taika Waititi. It is a bit more serious and dramatic than The Hunt for the Wilderpeople, but still balances humor and drama in a tone that most directors would get wrong. Taika himself plays one of the central characters. I would recommend this if you have seen and enjoyed What We Do in the Shadows or Thor: Ragnarok and want to see a non-fantasy film with similar humor.

riotspray and Dodger like this.
  9. Lilo and Stitch is still the best Disney movie. And I don't just mean Disney Animation. Animation, Pixar, live action, Marvel, Star Wars. All of it. Lilo and Stitch is the best.

Lucas27 likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don't think I've ever seen this take before. It's not a bad one, per se, although I probably disagree. I think it's definitely one of the more underrated films that was still really successful.

11. I honestly used to consider The Lion King the best, but I haven't felt compelled to re-watch it in over a decade whereas I keep wanting to watch Lilo and Stitch again, so.

The fact that it's positive Asian American representation is definitely part of why I love it so much, though.

SpyKi and Sean Murphy like this.
  12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ahem.

MV5BMjExODY1NTE5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDUzMTE0NzE@._V1_.jpg

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked The Emperors New Groove

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

15. Some things in Black Panther didn't work so well for me on second watch, like What are those! and Hi Auntie, but I still laughed at the sliding car seat. Not to take away from BP's success--I really do love this movie, possibly more so than any other MCU film--but I think Lilo and Stitch accomplishes just as much in its 85 minutes as BP does in 135. Yeah, I'm dying on this hill.

16. Oh yeah. Did anyone else rewatch it on Netflix? Why do I remember the ancestral plane scenes being slightly longer?

17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Hereditary - 9.5/10

Wow. Holy shit. This director fucking gets it

18. Dog with a Blog Nov 14, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2018)
    Dog with a Blog

Anybody watch/going to watch They Shall Not Grow Old? I really want to see it but I dunno how

Edit: did not realize it had a theatrical release. Playing about 25 minutes away from me

19. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Last five films I have seen at the cinema these past ten days.

Halloween - 7.5/10
    Overlord - 8.5/10
    Widows - 8.5/10
    Peterloo - 8/10
    First Man - 9/10

Now passed 25 films seen at the cinema so far this year, meaning I have seen more on the big screen than any year before and to be honest this has been the more consistent of any year prior.

20. Lucas27

Trusted

I don’t necessarily agree with this take. The Emperor’s New Groove and Inside Out take the cake for me as far as Disney movies go. But I highly respect this. Lilo & Stitch has a rawness and emotional depth to it that really makes it stand out among other Disney films for me. Was just thinking this the other day.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Burning is a motherfucking masterpiece and I cannot wait to watch it again. Holy hell. Also one of the most impressive adaptations I've ever seen, I always thought Murakami was unadaptable before this, but Chang-Dong completely gets across all the unspoken shit from his novels without a problem.

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve watched Burning five times this week. It’s one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. I need help.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

Can’t wait to see Burning! Looks incredible

24. stars143

Trusted

In The Mood for Love (2000) - 8/10
    This Hong Kong film set in the 1960s had some of the best cinematography I have seen in quite some time. For some reason, it is streaming on Amazon Prime under a different name.

local_corn likes this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Finally watching Blue Ruin