Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last Movie You Saw, Name & Review Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Last Movie You Saw, Name & Review (Official Thread)

stayillogical likes this.
  2. Watching 'Heat' again for the first time in a while. God damn what a great movie.

sophos34 likes this.
  3. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

I really loved Brooklyn. Saoirse Ronan will win an Oscar in due time. Really good film.

4. Keagan Ilvonen

Saw Hateful Eight yesterday and it was severely underwhelming. May be my least favorite Tarantino movie yet.

5. Oh shit. I think that's the first negative review I've read of it. I still haven't seen it.

6. Keagan Ilvonen

It wasn't bad by any means, it was just way too drawn out. Easily could have been 2 hours and done a better job of getting the story across. The acting was top notch and I thought Channing Tatum was great (I hope he gets more serious roles in the future) but after following up Django, it just felt like he was reaching real hard and it didn't deliver on all cylinders.

7. Interesting. I'll still end up seeing it.

I haven't really felt like watching Bridge of Spies, but I always try and watch all the Oscar Nom movies, so I think I may do that tonight.

8. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

I loved loved loved Bridge of Spies.

9. I've heard pretty mixed things about Hateful Eight, but mostly positive things from Tarantino fans. My roommate (whose taste I usually trust) loved it and basically told me not to expect another Django. I've finally come around to appreciating 150+ minute movies, so I almost feel like seeing this one in theaters is the ultimate test for me haha. Stoked. His dialogue is always top-notch.

10. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

It seemed like Django 2.0 to me. Have not been in a rush to see it. But then again I'm not the biggest Tarantino fan.

11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw 'The Boy' this past weekend. Haha it was meh, but that's kind of what I was expecting.

12. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

Saw "Joy" this past weekend. Loved it. Solid film. David O. Russell is on quite a roll lately.

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

On my list to watch. That and 'The Big Short.'

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Also going to see 'The Finest Hours' this weekend. Pretty excited about that one.

15. I just rewatched Wayne's World with friends last night because my girlfriend's roommate hadn't seen it hehe.

"If it's a severed head, I'm going to be very upset," is my favorite punchline in a movie ever.

16. HITS was outrageous but entertaining in a David Cross sort of way.

17. I think it's time for a re-watch of The Godfather. Been too long.

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Is it an absolute crime that I haven't seen that?

Edit: Ha thought I had posted this earlier, when I saw my post count go up, and came back and it was still saved as a 'draft.'

19. Yessir.

20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Will be in the process to remedy this. You like part one better than two? Ha always hear people talking about how good two is.

21. I think they're both fantastic.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  22. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

I prefer Two, but they are both practically flawless.

23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Can't wait to see Deadpool Friday. Reviews are pretty positive so far.

24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone else seen Deadpool yet? So funny...

25. It's on my list. If I ever get my ass out of the house.