Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last.fm Website • Page 3

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SilverScreen

Nihil Nihil

I feel like they've squandered an opportunity in making Last Fm more socially focused. In fact they've made the site less social since the makeover with the removal of the forum and the friend feed. If being more socially focused is their overall plan then they're really not rolling out the features fast enough to take advantage. I mean, we only got the neighbours feature back recently.

It doesn't really work as a music streaming site anymore, and most people just seem to use the site out of the habit of scrobbling and stats. It's hard to understand what it's meant to be at the moment.

Also this:
    Zero1986’s Music Profile — Users at Last.fm

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

3. [​IMG]

Last month's listening.

Penguin likes this.
  4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

[​IMG]

My last month.

5. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

My last month
    image.jpeg

6. goation

Regular

goation’s Music Profile — Users at Last.fm

I just started using last.fm earlier in the month, so not quite a complete month.

September 2016.jpeg

I'm kind of confused. I don't see the point of following someone. I tried to follow one of my friends, but there doesn't seem to be a friend feed or any social aspects besides the crappy shout thing. I would love social integration, and I think it would help their user base. Is this something they are working on integrating? I thought last.fm was fairly old. It seems like strong community features would be a large part of it's draw.

7. Jake W

They're supposed to be integrating more social features, I just thought they'd be here by now... I think the supporters have them.

8. Jake W Oct 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 3, 2016)
    Jake W

9. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Before I restored my computer, downloaded iTunes again, restored my library from a 1 year old library file, got a new iPhone, updated that iOS..... when I plugged my phone into the pc, my last.fm scribbler would automatically detect all new plays since the last time. Now it doesn't even recognize the device. (All plays of my local music that is).

I trouble shot it a bit, but gave up fairly quickly. Hope I can get it back to work the way it did before. Too many variables to know what the problem is it seems.

10. How do you create the "my last month" image?

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

scott likes this.
  12. Supernova

Paddez

From a Chorus article 2 months ago.

scott likes this.
  13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

My last month. For some reason Last.FM recognizes Bleed American as Jimmy Eat World, so no, I did not listen to their S/T album last month...

[​IMG]

14. Supernova likes this.
  15. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

16. Supernova

[​IMG]

Why ETID - Low Teens isn't on there is a mystery to me. I listened the snot out of that.

goation likes this.
  17. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Pretty typical month for me.

ram_res-1month.jpg

18. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

19. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

ramres likes this.
  20. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

my last month has been pretty cool

[​IMG]

22. duritzfan13

all we have is time

23. goation

Regular

Weird month for me. I started out on a major grunge kick but then was pretty obsessed with Michael Jackson's discography. I didn't get to check out as many new releases as I would of liked but I think Tove Lo and TDWP's new album are massively underrated. October 2016.jpeg

24. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Last month

[​IMG]

25. jorbjorb

7 rings

last week .

[​IMG]