Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last.fm Website

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 7, 2016.

1. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

Figured people could share their last.fm usernames in here, complain about the site's update, etc.

I'm here

2. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

3. Sadly no longer an active scrobbler. There just isn't a friendly way to do it with Apple Music. #RIPRdio

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. PyramidPostcard

I just use the last.fm desktop app and it scrobbles fine.

5. Why is that not my experience? Is it scrobbling songs played from Apple Music on your phone?

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  6. PyramidPostcard

only if they're in "my music" but yeah, whenever i sync my phone it asks to confirm the scrobbles and adds them to last.fm

7. That probably explains it. I have no other reason to connect my phone to my Mac.

8. PyramidPostcard

I just have it sync over wi-fi automatically since I know I'll never remember to

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

10. Played with this the other day. Still can't get it to work. Oh well.

11. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

hey kids

i haven't been listening to music on the reg recently though, it's mostly been casual shuffling for a few weeks now

12. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

also idk if this was just me but my desktop scrobbler was being a pain in the ass, my token verification kept failing. eventually got it to work though

13. PyramidPostcard

no it was happening to a ton of people last night, myself included. something went wrong on their end.

14. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

One of my big reason's to not switch to Apple Music was the lack of scrobble support. Even though I use it solely to check my stats.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

19. jorbjorb

7 rings

i followed everyone lol

20. Tyler

Regular Supporter

21. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I'm thetonerizor on there.

Good to see other people still using it! I still love last.fm, but it is starting to lose me a bit to other services.

Songkick has totally taken over on gig planning for me. The email notifications from Songkick have been a revelation and I haven't missed a single gig since I hooked Songkick up to my Spotify account.

Spotify also put last.fm to shame with the end of year insights. I have no idea why last.fm chose not to do something fun with all that data they're sitting on!

22. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

23. A-Punk

Romeo//thedeja&daisy

24. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Minus the fact that it's a habit for me to have it at this point and it's nice to see my metrics I haven't understood what they are doing as a
    Company.