Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Last Chance U (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jul 21, 2017.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wait wait wait you're are shitting all over the guy being "selfish" after sustaining an injury but are defending the dude who beat up a woman? Did we watch the same show?

2. DooDooBird

Trusted

Not defending him. Just my observation from this season. Take away all of the off field stuff and pretend that I know nothing about these guys... De'Andre was everything you'd want in a football player. Isiah wasn't. The guy moaned in the locker room, was late for meetings, talked back to his coaches, etc...

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah I think I'm watching this from a way different perspective then

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

On ep 7 now, Isaiah's story gets more tragic. Even more baffled that you'd call him unbearable

yeahrightdude and RJ Knorr like this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Kam is super immature and annoying but man, the only unbearable person on the show is Buddy. He's a shit heel.

6. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Wonder if Brittany left because of Buddy in addition to the opportunities presented to her. There was that clip where she was talking about him in her car.
    What part are you talking about? I finished that episode up two days ago.

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Buddy saying that shit to the other coach in the last episode was such a crock of shit. I was a semi Buddy apologist until that.

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

His girlfriend losing the baby

9. bobby_runs

Oh. Yeah. I don't know if I can sympathize with him because of what we have seen from him during the season. His outbursts in the locker room were uncalled for.

I do sympathize with the girlfriend though a lot more easy.

Oh and that Kam bit in ep6 or 7 was so bad. I wanted to smack him upside the head. But the DL coach was dick when Kam was gonna apologize.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean you see how big of shit Buddy is to just about everyone around him (except Kam, actually). I'd wager to bet that Brittany left because of Buddy, I don't think she agree with the way he handles himself. When they interview Ollie this season, his only response is "fuck that guy". Marcus stepped down at the end of the season as well, I'm positive that's due to Buddy. I can't believe the way he acted towards him in the final episode.

I can't defend Isaiah as a football player because sure, his outbursts are incredibly distracting to the entire team and harmful for a winning football team. But I can easily sympathize on a human level, which I cannot do with Buddy. Isaiah makes the comment in episode 7 that Buddy is a good coach but he doesn't know his players on a human level, he can't connect to what they're bringing on the field. And maybe a winning football coach doesn't necessarily need to do that, but I think that adds to a lot of the problems of disrespect and anger off the field.

I think a lot of people watch this show for different reasons. I'm a moderate football fan but I've never played since some bullshit leagues as a kid and don't know what it's like in a high stress situation like the games that we've seen. If you're watching the season as a sports fan, I think you're analyzing how each kid would be on a team with the goal being success on the field. Buddy is a damn good coach in that aspect, that's pretty undeniable. But talking about the connections he's made with his players? About how he's benefitted them as people off the field? He seems absolutely harmful.

11. Night Channels Aug 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 4, 2017)
    Night Channels

Trusted

You keep assuming that I am watching this in a certain way...

I can judge a kid's character on the field and in the locker room and also sympathize with him off of it.

He is a selfish player. That is obvious and undeniable from everything we have all seen documented here.

If you aren't directly around this sport and these kind of kids when they are playing it within that environment then you just don't know. You leave that kind of stuff off the field.

There's a lot of what Buddy does behind the scenes that isn't shown here that makes him a great coach. I don't care for him or the way he deals with people, but we have to remember this is also edited for our entertainment. People don't want to see him sitting in a room game planning for hours on end.

12. bobby_runs

Buddy is awful.

I'm

a)shocked he kinda controls where cameras can be
    b)would be surprised if the cameras return for a 3rd season

13. Night Channels

Trusted

They'll be at a different JUCO next season.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I do work with kids who have experienced trauma in their lives and understand how they should be talked to and what things become triggers or emotional sore spots that could set them off. I'm honestly shocked at how self aware Isaiah was the entire season, he pretty much spells out the fact that football is a saving grace for him, an escape. His fatal flaw is how emotional he becomes when he can't play, coupled with his reactions to Buddy's prodding. Should that stop him from playing on a D1 team? Probably, yeah. I'm more disagreeing with the idea of simplifying him as a selfish person or calling him unbearable, which is where this discussion started

15. bobby_runs

Hopefully they have someone as engaging as Brittany. She was the real star of the show. And not because of her looks.

the best scenes in the series seems to happen in her office

16. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

This show is such a gem. Love everything about it.

17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Ms. Wagner is my favorite. She's genuinely passionate about these guys getting far in their lives. Like, making sure they're ok outside of football and everything.

18. bobby_runs

Just finished. Damnnn. Everyone was done with Buddy by the end of the season. Lol at the OC stepping away from the team.

Would love if they did an episode to see how bad the team is this upcoming season.

19. Night Channels

Trusted

20. DooDooBird

Trusted

Still hold Isaiah in high regard?

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

lol you're trying to turn an actual murder into a "gotcha" moment? I stand by everything I said regarding his appearance on the show

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Love this show. Didn’t realize there was a thread.

24. July 20th

imthesheriff and OhTheWater like this.
  25. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Looks good.