Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LANY - Mama’s Boy (October 2, 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by astereo, Apr 30, 2020.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Oh didn’t know that

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Haha funny

starting to really give up on this band, there’s so many other incredible records to listen to, rather than give something like this the time of day

4. zachmacD

Trusted

The beginning of this song reminds me of Keane. Definitely better than the other two, but I don't see myself coming back to this.

I respect their decision to go in this direction, but they also said they want to be the biggest band in the world. The two don’t really compute IMO

With that all said, there’s still a full album worth of tracks we haven’t heard yet. Still hoping for the best

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Blahhhhh. Bummed.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

As long as the music is good they can have all the songs about Jesus that they desire.

‘Cowboy in LA’ sounds very similar to the LANY music I enjoy, so I’ll give this album a chance.

I do agree that this is odd due to them wanting to be the “biggest band.” Their music in S/T and Malibu Nights was already great so such a departure in sound is odd.

Then again Paul said that LANY will only be a band for 10 or so years and then he’ll go into fashion full time.

7. Jusscali

Lol what a noob

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I have to admit that the video for 'you' is pretty gorgeous. The song sounds better while watching it.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

For fans of LANY and The Midnight

The new EP by this band is amazing.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Paul’s earlier works including some worships songs have leaked. They basically sound like LANY and the current trajectory really makes more sense after hearing these.

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Still waiting for Cowboy in LA to drop. I find it slightly obnoxious that the band advertised today as the day the song drops when it’s 11:30 pm and we still haven’t been able to hear it.

Release the song in the afternoon, jeez.

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

justin. likes this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I like it.

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Feels like the song is missing something to take it just a step higher, but I still like it overall. Maybe the bridge should have been longer or something

15. Jusscali

That’s exactly what it is.

16. SPine

Trusted

Cowboy in LA is my favorite of the singles

17. brothemighty

Trusted

Boy, all these new songs have been absolutely terrible. They'll never top their initial EP/self-titled run

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would say Malibu Nights is as good as Kinda and self-titled.

19. SPine

Trusted

Malibu Nights is fantastic

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The songs on Malibu Nights go OFF live

SPine likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m personally more of a fan of the down-tempo songs. Give me stuff like ‘13’, ‘Hericane’, ‘Current Location’, and ‘Let Me Know’ and I’ll be happy.

22. this album has a nice low-key vibe to it - it's what I wish the 1975 album was.

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Any slow songs reminiscent of the ones mentioned above? Actually, do any songs sound like their last 3 releases?

24. I'm the wrong person to ask because honestly this is the first LANY record I've listened to - I will check out the other ones soon tho.

justin. likes this.
  25. Jusscali

Im resigned to the fact I won’t like this as much but I’m looking forward to it.