Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.

LANY - Malibu Nights (October 5, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by smowashere, Sep 4, 2018.

1. dash64

This is my design

I just like to do a mix of all the EPs and the album in the car.

zachmacD and Night_Sky like this.
  2. zachmacD

Regular

Same here

3. justin.

我不在乎

92446AAF-D71B-4D54-859C-F0CB7C5E4127.jpeg

I was very excited for a second

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I do this too and skip sparingly

5. Forgot this was coming out tomorrow. It's not even on a lot of the lists for new releases. They didn't service it to anyone for review either from what I can tell. O well, hope it's good.

Bryan Diem and smowashere like this.
  6. Matt Metzler

anberlinforever.com Prestigious

A couple of these songs are pretty dang dark, lyrically.

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Is it getting a review here?

8. Not that I know of, they didn't send it to anyone.

9. This is good. Very enjoyable, but not as immediate for me as their debut.

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. justin.

我不在乎

The title track is currently my favorite song by the band. This album is very emotional compared to the self titled and I think that is its strongest feat.

I’m starting to think this album wouldn’t have been written or recorded if Paul wasn’t dumped by Dua.

11. Very much a "I got dumped and needa sing about it" album.

justin. likes this.
  12. justin.

我不在乎

Listening to it kinda makes me feel like I got dumped. In a good way, though.

13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Is this a pro or a con?

14. Or "9 songs about Dua Lipa."

jorbjorb, JRGComedy and slowheart like this.
  15. justin.

我不在乎

Is it just my phone or is this album not appearing on Apple Music right now? Only the singles showed up (the other songs would show but couldn’t be played) and now I can’t even search for it.

16. Only real downside is the message/topic is very repetitive.

justin. likes this.
  17. justin.

我不在乎

I would say it’s a pro in the sense that the music is emotional but you kinda just want to tell Paul to get over it after 9 songs about his break up. I’ve never had a bad heartbreak so maybe that’s why I feel like that.

zachmacD likes this.
  18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah, I was wondering if it would sound one-note lyrically or less developed. But I liked 4/9 of the record so I probably shouldn't worry.

19. justin.

我不在乎

If you liked the 4 singles then you’ll like the rest for sure.

20. The album reminds me a lot of that Lauv album.

smowashere likes this.
  21. justin.

我不在乎

I can’t get over how good the closing track is.

jorbjorb likes this.
  22. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Love Thick and Thin, haven't totally felt out Taking Me Back yet but it's actually a cool change up for them, drums sound big and vocals have some more range which is cool

smowashere likes this.
  23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Not really a fan of Let me know or Run right now, but they aren't bad. Some dark elements to them though.

24. jorbjorb

ashleymadison.com

This rules.

zachmacD and dash64 like this.
  25. zachmacD

Regular

This is good. This is what the debut should've been length wise. The last album was WAY too long and the songs seemed shallow especially now compared to this album. In a interview he said that Dua Lipa was the first girl he was actually ever in love with and I think you can really tell with these songs compared to previous releases

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.