Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LANY - LANY (June 30, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by smowashere, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I love Tampa. Stuck in my head. Super far is good too.

2. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i forgot this came out and im giving it a whirl now!!

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the ryan tedder song kinda sucks but the rest of this rules imo

Aregala likes this.
  4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

never not going to skip the parents voicemail track on any record though

Aregala likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

not really into this, I'm not often swayed much by lyrics but a lot of the lyrics here kinda stood out as... bad, or generic, un-inventive. Musically the album kinda stays in the same tiny space the whole way through. Also parts of it reminded me of the Chainsmokers album haha

sawhney[rusted]2 and smowashere like this.
  6. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Had no idea Ryan Tedder has written a song for this but as soon as you said this I knew instantly it was Super Far.
    I like it though.

7. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

OWN INSTAGRAYAM

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Enjoying this for the most part musically, but the lyrics do often stick out in a negative way.

smowashere likes this.
  9. irthesteve

"I'm hella obsessed with your face" is something that stuck with me after one listen, haha

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep, definitely winced at that one

11. irthesteve

But yeah, overall there is a ton of like... middle school love type lyrics

smowashere and FTank like this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, going in I didn't think it'd be a big deal to me since I'm normally fine with pretty weak lyrics as long as I like the music (to a reasonable extent) but many of these lyrics actively took me out of the experience

13. irthesteve

you and I, same page here. It takes a lot for lyrics to get in the way most of the time. My issue musically here is that it really feels like "the 1975 ambient" was the only style they tried to emulate

14. Don't think this sounds anything like The 1975 musically.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Aregala like this.
  15. Lyrics feel very, purposefully, '60s surf pop. And yeah, they're beach corny.

16. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

really enjoying this. Agree w/ @unbornwhiskey that the Tedder track is nottttttttt good and the voicemail trope should probably end for most albums, but I love the vibe they create over the course of the LP's runtime. I feel like 1975 comparisons are kinda just an easy catch all for any music wildly circulated on tumblr by teens that has ambient & electronic influences

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

There's some good stuff on here, but man, it's like 4 tracks too long. I feel like it's not varied enough to hold my attention for an hour.

18. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I love the hella obsessed line haha

The record has continued to grow on me. Nice music to drone out to when I'm just relaxing on the deck at night

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

So I've been going through the bottom half of the Bonnaroo lineup to get myself prepared for this summer, and I came across this band. Holy hell, how have I not heard of these guys until just now? My new obsession.

20. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I’m already ready for a new album from these dudes.

21. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Oh mah God.
    I think I’m in loo-ooove.

22. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Looks like 20 days til new music!

lostawholeyear and jorbjorb like this.
  23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'm a bit late to this album, how do people feel about it still? Personally... I think I'm in love.

24. Night_Sky

Regular

A few great songs, but too many slower tracks for my liking. Not a fan of decent amount of the lyrics either.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. jordanjohnson09

Regular

still one of my favorites from last year for sure