Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LANY - gg bb xx (September 3, 2021) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by justin., Jul 12, 2021.

1. I was looking forward to that crazy falsetto part Rob was doing and was sad to not hear it.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

‘ex I never had’ definitely sounds a response to allegations and is going to be the new fucboi anthem.

3. zachmacD

Trusted

There are a couple songs I’m not a fan of but I’m really enjoying this album. Way more enjoyable than mamas boy.

im surprised to hear that some of you think there’s fat on this record after their debut. Half that record could’ve been trimmed and that’s being generous.

4. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

ex I never had is a banger

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Jusscali and Ferrari333SP like this.
  6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

That song is a BOP

And weird how Minnesota of all places is named dropped in the lyrics, haha

7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I’m pumped I enjoy the new track so much cause I’ve been just okay with most of their new EP tracks. Last cycle of songs were all bangers.

8. Analog Drummer Sep 4, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 6, 2021)
    Analog Drummer

Regular

Really enjoyed this album. Band is not done

9. Jusscali

You told him

10. Jusscali

I’ve shifted a bit on this. Better than Mammas, but still not on par with the past. Having said that, I fuck with most of it - just toss out all the slow songs and roll over baby and it’s passable. The two penultimate tracks saved a lot of face for me.

11. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Been jamming this today and I'm really enjoying it. Couldn't get into to Mammas so I'm glad they came back with something new so quickly.

zachmacD likes this.
  12. zachmacD

Trusted

Same here. I like every song on here, and I'm stoked to see them in October

13. LANY: gg bb xx
    LANY is less of a band, more of a Shutterstock image of what a band nowadays might be. Have you ever quickly needed a band for something, doesn’t really matter what they sound like as long as they play music? Try LANY. Their infatuations feel dubious, their sadness deeply petty. Their songs are translucent and transactional, absent of the basic ingredients that make music interesting. You can press skip the next time a LANY song shows up on your company-authored playlist of choice, but chances are good that the next track will sound just like it.

LMAO. This is perfect.

14. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

I hate how true this is. Not afraid to admit I have mediocre taste.

zachmacD, ArmsLikeTeeth and Jusscali like this.
  15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Ok sometimes Pitchfork is good

16. Jusscali

Paul CAN sing though - there’s that.

zachmacD likes this.
  17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Forget to give my reaction to this album. It sucks. I like Up to Me and DNA. Easily the worst album they’ve released. The album name is also really, really dumb. No wonder this bombed on the billboard 200. How the heck are you supposed to market an album titled gg bb xx?

LANY was better when they sang about Malibu and had the California dream pop atmosphere.

18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Grabbed a cheap last minute ticket to see them tonight. I actually think this album is pretty good, so I’m excited to see the songs live.

zachmacD likes this.
  19. zachmacD Oct 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 16, 2021)
    zachmacD

Trusted

have fun! My fiancée and I went last Friday and we had a blast. Lots of the new album and all the hits. They were very good live

Daniel182 likes this.
  20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Not bad

21. Deluxe drops to thuds.

I firmly believe this band won’t exist in 18 months.

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Unfortunate they won’t get back to their pre-2018 sound. This album was just so boring, including the bonus tracks.

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If anyone wants to hear a decent cover...

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

If you want LANY vibes, but better, check out the new album by Fly By Midnight

justin. likes this.
  25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Nothing can top LANY