Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! (August 30, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Sep 12, 2018.

1. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Lust for Life has left my Lana rotation but this is pretty much spot on with how I view them.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The more time goes by, the higher Lana ends up on my list of faves. I'm not sure of many other artists that I feel compelled to go back to so frequently.

Also I just want to be clear about something: I think at one point on here I've called Honeymoon my least favorite (not that I didn't like it), and I'd like to formally retract that statement and say that I simply don't have a least favorite.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Lana has been really special to me since born to die but every album has been a step up in some regard even if ultraviolence will always be my favorite. such a nostalgic album

CarpetElf and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My mind is still blown from that time that person on here tried to say all her music sounds the same

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

if we're being fair, "that person" is me and I didn't say "all her music sounds the same," it was a much more detailed description of the difference between subtle changes in style versus grand ones and how I would love to hear her do something drastically different.

6. irthesteve

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm not so sure I was talking about you I feel like there was someone else. Maybe it was you. I felt like i remembered a very random person though (like not a regular poster). Idk I have a bad memory, all I know is I think all her albums are very different.

Edit: ah.. it was you

8. irthesteve

I just quoted our whole convo, including you coming to a bit of an understanding of me :-p

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

She got a ton of hate on the old site back in 2013-14. Funny to see people praising her now.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I was just trying to not argue you're still completely wrong.

Just kidding (kind of).

11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Dunking on Steve is one of my favorite chorus pastimes

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. irthesteve

I'm just patiently waiting her version of 22, A Million / Age of Adz / A Brief Inquiry / etc etc etc, OK?!?!?!

the entire member base co-signs this with ya

beachdude and ComedownMachine like this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea but that's what's weird. Specifically with Brief Inquiry, I don't think there's anything radically different than what they've done before. It's incredible and they improved on their sound a ton, but that is no larger a departure from ILIWYS than Honeymoon is from Ultraviolence.

14. irthesteve

yeah that probably isnt the best choice of album to use

beachdude and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  15. username

hey you lil piss baby

The idea of her Age of Adz just made my brain explode. This is now necessary.

beachdude, irthesteve and ChiliTacos like this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I win!!!!!!!

17. GoingInDry

Hit a lick

I said something similar and I'm not a regular. I don't think all her music sounds the same though, I enjoy her first two albums.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It was definitely the conversation with Steve I was remembering but maybe you chimed in. I fixed your comment for you though

irthesteve likes this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

These two country songs sound so good. I hope they change their mind about not releasing them. I'd at least love a RSD release out of it or something.

20. Apparently both singles are just "songs she did for fun with Jack" and might not end up on the album? I hope this rumor is untrue.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wait Venice Bitch & Mariners Apartment Complex?? I really hope that's not true, but I think someone is confusing that with the two songs she did at the benefit concert last night. She even says Norman Rockwell in Venice Bitch.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I think it was about two other songs she played last night. I saw that talked about.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  23. What a relief, that was confusing.

24. irthesteve

25. irthesteve

Out at midnight, I think

ChiliTacos likes this.