Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! (August 30, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Sep 12, 2018.

1. So good.

sophos34 likes this.
  2. radiodead

Trusted

She’s only gotten better and better. Song is great.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

It's gorgeous

4. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Well, fair enough. Can't really argue with "I had a specific vision and I executed it."

5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I felt like maybe there was some Rilo Kiley influence in there somewhere. The whole song feels so early 00s emo. I absolutely love it. She is just next level.

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

I’ve always been a bigger fan of Lana’s poppiest stuff (Born to Die remains my favourite of her albums) but Venice Bitch is something else. Totally floored me the first time I listened this morning.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've been trying to think of what I should post here about Venice Bitch but I have no words

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Also I was amazed because after listening to Venice Bitch last night I turned on Mariners Apartment Complex and that already feels like a classic Lana song to me

9. radiodead

Trusted

I of course knew the singles off Born to Die but I don’t think I ever considered myself becoming a fan until she dropped the first few tracks on Ultraviolence and “Young and Beautiful” from The Great Gatsby OST.

10. zmtr

Trusted

Born To Die is the only one I love all the way through. Young & Beautiful is probably my favorite of hers tho

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Born To Die is my least fave Lana album.

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

ultraviolence > born to die > honeymoon > lust for life

they are all incredible

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

ultraviolence > lust for life > honeymoon > born to die

paradise is amazing too

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Cruel World -> West Coast is an unbelievable stretch of music. The rest of Ultraviolence is great, and that's still my favorite album of hers (although maybe not for too long based on these new songs), but those 5 songs are just something else.

Other than that I’d say it honestly depends on my mood. They’re all very close for me.

Also Lana is someone I love to listen to on shuffle.

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Ultraviolence > Lust for Life > Born to Die > Honeymoon

I think she’s a top 20 artist of mine

ChiliTacos likes this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

cruel world is her best song

17. Maverick

Trusted

Pushed play on this and had no idea of its length. 3 minutes in and im like oh I guess this is the outro.. 5 minutes in and im like “interesting but no Lana just instrumental now?” Then we segue between her and the guitar with some flourishes and I’m just in a daze, like damn finally she made a song like this.

18. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

High By The Beach is my favorite Lana song, I love that kind of beat for her

19. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Juuuuuust got the Venice Beach pun. Lol I’m dumb.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  20. zmtr

Trusted

tbh I haven't spent nearly enough time with her latest two albums. Gonna do a full discography listen at work today.

21. dead_fm

Regular

these 2 new songs are really good

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

accidentally put Venice Bitch on repeat this morning and I wasn’t mad.

mattfreaksmeout and ChiliTacos like this.
  23. I still can't believe Summer Bummer wasn't pushed harder and didn't get a video. I feel like that song could have been huge, with or without the feats.

Both new songs are some of the best things she's ever done. One of the best artists of the decade, and I'm glad she has moved past the "inauthentic" accusation thrown at her in the beginnings. People were ready for her to be quickly over, and yet she's still here, consistently coming back with great material.

Who else is releasing a 10 min song as the lead single in the mainstream pop realm? She just doesn't give a fuck, and that makes me love her even more.

24. sophos34 Sep 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 23, 2018)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

as a massive fun. and STEEL TRANE fan, venice bitch is the best song jack antanoff has ever written

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

.....the format, huh

Carrow and neo506 like this.