Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! (August 30, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Ben Sep 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2018)
    Ben

Trusted Prestigious

The Lucky Moose and figureitout like this.
  2. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

We in here

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

let's gooooooooooooo

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Hope it's early 2019!

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

:hearteyes:

6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Wow I can’t believe 2019’s AOTY is already set in stone

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

it's so goooooooood

8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Jack working with Lana? Be still, my heart

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

ghostedaway likes this.
  10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

omgggg she said she has the album sequenced and everything. said it's coming the top of 2019. "surf elements" "electric guitar" "RHCP influences" omgggg i'm just paraphrasing the interview as i'm listening.

i love u lana.

coleslawed and ghostedaway like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lana and Red Hot Chili Peppers the patron saints of California

Larry David likes this.
  12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

that guitar part at the end of the song :hearteyes:

coleslawed and ghostedaway like this.
  13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Damn this is great.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Cool song overall, not what I expected

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well, yes I mean I AM going to listen the hell out of us this. Still sounds very much like Lana's direction, but I do enjoy that you can hear Jack's influence. Specifically, the guitar solo at the end reminds of Who I Want You To Love. Can't wait to hear Venice Bitch. I'm very excited at the prospect of another guitar-centered Lana album, since Ultraviolence is my favorite.

beachdude and ChiliTacos like this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Lol yea I'm gonna play a game of see how long I can keep this on repeat for until I get sick of it

beachdude and ChiliTacos like this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

mariners apartment complex is absolutely fucking breathtaking

18. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

She strikes me as a one dimensional Meg Myers

*dodges bricks and hides*

Honestly though, is there something I'm missing? Meg has some songs similar to the handful of LDR songs I know, and I do like the songs by both artists (Meg's more obviously lol), but Lana Del Rey's seem to all have the same sort of vibe, while Meg has a more mixed pallet from song to song in her catalog, which is a large part of what I love about Meg.

GoingInDry likes this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I think this is similar to a discussion we had not long ago in the Lust For Life thread. The more familiar with her you are, the more you realize how different each of her albums are, but if you are just listening at surface level then I guess you are more likely to think it all sounds the same. I kind of get that, but in the same breath I don’t see how you could listen to this song and think it sounds even remotely similar to Born To Die.

20. bd007h

Maybe the albums as a whole are different from eachother, but from what I've even heard from fans that her songs can kinda blend together on her albums. But with Meg's albums each song can be quite different from the song before it. I feel Meg, while in some ways can be similar to Lana, is far more diverse.

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Her albums are still pretty diverse. Tomorrow Never Came sounds nothing like Summer Bummer which sounds nothing like Change.

Also I personally wouldn’t make a comparison between Lana and Meg Myers haha.

22. bd007h

The songs from Meg I'd say are relatively similar to Lana would be Monster, Parade, The Morning After, and Heart Heart Head (although Lana doesn't have that blood curdling scream Meg has in that song lol)

23. bd007h

Maybe I should really delve into her more. Although I suggest those not all that familiar with Meg should do the same haha.

24. Yeah I'm a fan of both and don't get the comparison either. I was in the "every Lana song sound the same" camp until I seriously dug into her music. I would say she has more or less a signature sound, mostly vocally, but she always manage to change it up. You will probably like what you hear if those Meg songs make you think of Lana.

bd007h likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

sounds about white

beachdude, Contender and Zilla like this.