Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life (July 21, 2017) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, Mar 29, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

13 Beaches is sooooooooo good

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed the songs already released enough, but for some reason didn't have a great feeling about the album. I'm happy to report that I was very very wrong. I thought this was great. I love the use of features, I think they all work really well, and hearing Stevie and Lana - two of my favorite vocalists and musicians ever - on the same song together was breathtaking. Also like the way it's kind of a social commentary, but not over the top. This is a good one. Hopefully it stands up with repeated listens (which Honeymoon did not for me).

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Having this record on during a thunderstorm is pretty perfect

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Honeymoon was good but damn this is fucking great

5. Inna Selez

Regular

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Cherry got me in my feelings

mattfreaksmeout and coleslawed like this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

in my feelings got me in my feelings

The production is un fucking real on this album

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

heroin - change - get free

I am fucking dead what a gut punch closing sequence

CarpetElf and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  9. algae

Regular Prestigious

dang i would love to be lana del rey or the fictionalized version for a day

mad likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

there is so much that only Lana can get away with like the line about singing with Sean

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Lana might be the only artist in my entire library, with a reasonably sized discography anyway, who hasn't completely let me down with at least one album.

What a gal.

mad likes this.
  12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Fuck this is good

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This is real good

14. Checkered

Regular

Was lucky enough to catch her in Paris just now and she smashed it.

Off the newy I think we got White Mustang, Cherry and then a stripped back bersion of Love which was just her and the pianist and it was beauriful. Weeknd played last night too so was hoping he might pop up for Lust but it wasn't to be.

Edit - should mention that it was only an hour festival set. I also might have missed a song or two but that's all I recognized.

15. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I really like this album. I knew it was gonna be solid once i heard 13 beaches.

16. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

"Love" is such a perfect opener, holy shit that is a great song.

17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

For some reason I wasn't too hyped for this. None of the singles hit me like West Coast or High by the Beach. I should have known better than to doubt Lana, she hasn't let me down yet. This album is wonderful. Some real stunners on here. 13 Beaches and In My Feelings are probably my favorites so far.

It's insane that three years ago she was releasing her sophomore album, and now she has this spectacular four album discography that can stand alongside anyone making music today imo.

ghostedaway and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I can't believe how good 13 Beaches and Heroin are, and the whole album really. This is also the strongest she's ever closed out an album and it really completes it for me.

LightWithoutHeat and ChiliTacos like this.
  19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yep never been really crazy about her closers so I wasn't prepared for how good that last song was going to be.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea, but the entire end stretch. Honestly I become mesmerized from "When the World Was at War" until the end and then it gets even better at Heroin and on. Amazing stuff.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

A quote from the Esquire review: "'Is it the end of an era / The end of America?' she asks—but she doesn't offer an answer."

I thought that was funny, because she really really explicitly offers an answer immediately following that line.

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Still not really feeling this one as much as the others. Honeymoon took a little bit to grow on me so hopefully this is the same case.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Sorry for getting a little post happy here, but I'm listening to Honeymoon now, and I'd like to retract my comments above. I don't know why I thought I liked that album less than I really do. Also I think Terrance Loves You is my favorite Lana song.

24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Honeymoon has the best Lana song on it (The Blackest Day).

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm very curious to see what everyone's top 10 Lana songs are