Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life (July 21, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Ourchestra

Oh boy I can't wait for more songs that glorify abusive relationships. Cant wait to pick up the casette from my favorite record store Urban Outfitters.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Stop

3. Ourchestra

Stop what?

4. Ourchestra

Did I ruffle the feathers of your fashionable Native American headress?

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Imagine these being the first 3 posts you make

beachdude42 and domotime2 like this.
  6. Ourchestra

Sorry. I guess I should have introduced myself. My name is Brian and I don't fuck with deeply problematic artists.

7. Ourchestra

Imagine someone having a different opinion.

8. Fucking Dustin

Hi Brian nice to meet you

And I get your concerns but I feel like Lana's approach is taking experiences she's had with problematic people and communicating the juxtaposition of feelings those experiences gave her

It's a coping mechanism she uses to express her past experiences, not a promotion of problematic behavior

9. Fucking Dustin

It's not as much that you had a different opinion that I'm confused about you being like "I'm gonna make an account for this website, okay awesome, now what should I do first?" and choosing these posts to make

It gives the aura you made the account just to make these posts

But I am happy to discuss opinion

beachdude42, domotime2 and CarpetElf like this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Dustin for Pres

11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Lana Del Rey, the urban Indian headdress artist outfitter

beachdude42 and angrycandy like this.
  12. Ourchestra

Well, when you're the first person to voice their dissenting opinion in a thread and someone immediately tells you to stop it kind of is about having a different opinion. So that comment was more directed at that person, not you.

As for these being my first three posts....of the recent threads I saw this topic is what I felt was most compelling and felt most strongly about. I don't know why that's so abstract.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

There's got to be another single dropping soon, right? It's been a while since Love came out, which is a great song.

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i mean your post was needlessly passive aggressive and didn't come across like you were interested in actually talking about the issues rather than dropping hot takes with your opening post.

15. Ourchestra Apr 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 14, 2017)
    Ourchestra

Calling out an artist for being problematic shouldnt be considered a hot take on this website lol but oooook.

16. Ourchestra

And it seems like you're more intersted in policing my tone than discussing this issue lol byyeeeeee

17. Fucking Dustin

What have you done to discuss the issue? I gave my interpretation of Lana's approach to these sensitive subjects. If we want to talk about policing, are we now policing how a victim of domestic violence deals with her abuse? Are we judging how a victim approaches her experiences and what decisions they choose to make in a complex time of her life? Is it right to write a victim off as "promoting problematic behavior" without putting it into perspective? I'd understand your view if, say, it was a male artist promoting hitting a woman, but this is a victim expressing her experiences and how she reacted (or could react based on her plethora of confusing emotions during the abuse) to them. I don't think it's fair to say how she can or can't react.

18. Ourchestra

That's your interpetation but that's not how a lot of actual victims feel

19. Fucking Dustin

And I know a lot of victims that do feel that way. Some that don't, too. That doesn't make Lana feeling that way problematic.

Treating victims like they're a singular being that has to all have the same approach is problematic.

20. Ourchestra

Her romanticizing sexual violence makes her problematic. Her appropriation of Native American culture makes her problematic.

21. Fucking Dustin

It's not problematic for her to express her emotional reaction to violence she's experienced. I can say it again if I need to.

This is true. Though I don't recall it happening but it is true that it's a problematic thing to do.

But if that's the grand point it does feel like specific targeting.

22. Fucking Dustin

Like everyone definitely has their own personal line and I respect that but wearing a headdress once is not my personal line

23. Ourchestra

Not even remotely fucking close to what I said.

24. Fucking Dustin

If you don't want to be misconstrued then quit making single sentence remarks and elaborate on your points. Don't come out swinging if you can't back yourself up.

beachdude42 and coleslawed like this.
  25. Fucking Dustin

Like I'm all for thoughtful discussion but it's becoming a waste of time at this point because there's none of it happening

So I'll just wait for new Lana