Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life (July 21, 2017) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

What made you say this? Because it is a pretty insensitive comment. I have depression and anxiety, and I can assure you that my mental health has no correlation to my enjoyment of Lana Del Rey.

2. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Ultraviolence + the bonus tracks is still tops for me. Florida Kilos is so damn good.

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Flipside is underrated

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  4. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I bought a second copy of the album just to get that song. I love it.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  5. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Just want to pop in here and praise Honeymoon since there's been a bit of broader discography talk. It took me a long time but when it clicked for me wow did it click. I think Honeymoon is the fullest realization of Lana's sound/aesthetic and while it definitely doesn't have as many standout tracks individually as any of the other albums it wins out as a full experience for me. It's also prime time seasonally to listen to that album which is a plus.

Kinda just rambling away here but if I inspire even one person to maybe give Honeymoon another go I'll be pleased.

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

honeymoon is a movie i swear

Threads likes this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like Honeybear a lot, I'm just less likely to put it on as frequently, and I think that's because I agree that it's more of a full album experience than something with a lot of standout songs. I will say that there is nothing quite like the opening of the title track on vinyl, especially if it's in a dark room. Such an eerie, room filling sound.

Also Terrance Loves You might be my favorite Lana song. (Ok I say that a lot, but definitely one of the top few).

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oops too much Father John lately lol I'm not even gonna edit it cus I like it

Mary V and irthesteve like this.
  10. GoingInDry

Hit a lick

If I had to compare this album to a human trait it would be depression. Major side-effect being drowsiness.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lana and Jack are up to something

coleslawed, Mary V and irthesteve like this.
  12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I love both of them but that collaboration doesn't interest me.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Omg what my breathing has gone shallow

coleslawed and Mary V like this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed, Contender and mad like this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok Ok I'm getting really excited now is Jack really about to produce the next Lana album??

16. irthesteve

It's certainly possible. He talks a lot about how his favorite way to produce is to immerse in a whole album with a person, see: Lorde and St Vincent

coleslawed likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I do worry a little that Jack could overshadow Lana's own unique sound just because he does have a kind of specific style, but he also does really well with executing a "concept" for an album, especially Melodrama, and Lana always has really good ideas/albums with specific vibes, so I could see it working really well too, and he might help her get another hit, which is something I think she wants.

18. ComedownMachine Aug 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 17, 2018)
    ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m not that worried. Ultraviolence is my favorite album of hers and she made it with the guy from The Black Keys (which is a band I’m not particularly a fan of) while still totally sounding like a Lana album

mattfreaksmeout and ChiliTacos like this.
  19. irthesteve

I'll be devil's advocate here for a sec.... I think that Lana is due for a drastic change of sound, even if just for one album. I dig her, but she still has always existed in a pretty limited soundscape. I'm ready for an album that pisses people off for being different, as long as the music itself is solid

skogsraet and coleslawed like this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I couldn’t agree less, I think all of her albums are very distinct and she’s covered a lot of styles. If nothing else, Honeymoon is a complete outlier.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Worried is probably too strong a word, I just have trouble imagining what it will sound like. But ultraviolence is also my favorite.

22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I wouldn't mind hearing her sing on something ''faster''

I'll always love signature Lana though

23. irthesteve

Maybe you're just really deep into her and notice way more intricacies, but that statement is really weird to me.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I stan for her and I agree with Matt. I can somewhat see on a surface level how it looks like she doesn’t change up much but I think her albums all have their own distinct style

irthesteve and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  25. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Lust for Life is her best don't @ me

@@ron, ghostedaway and irthesteve like this.