Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life (July 21, 2017) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, Mar 29, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

Walked into guitar center and had no idea they even sold records now. I managed to get Born To Die, Pet Sounds, and Phil Collins' Face Value for like 35 bucks.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea they have records pretty much everywhere these days! Target and Best Buy carry them now I think.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

poor thing, stalkers are so scary there has to be something we can do, it seems like every pop star gets them

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea that was so cool. Imagine just having a casual conversation with Stevie Nicks lol

This album won't leave my rotation.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

this site is going to fucking explode

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What what what what what what what what what what!????

8. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Oh snap. This next one could really be a game-changer.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

!!!!

10. irthesteve

Andrew Lloyd Webber song from Evita, previously sang by Madonna

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

her, Florence, Marina And The Diamonds, and FKA TWIGS

Contender, mad, Mary V and 4 others like this.
  12. irthesteve

wowza!

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Saw FKA twigs in a commercial and started wondering when we'll see a new album

14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

That’s a solid group of people

15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

and yeah fka twigs definitely needs to release new music asap

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  16. GoingInDry

Hit a lick

I listened to this album for the first time last night and was pretty fatigued by it. Who enjoys this type of music? Do I need to be depressed and on the verge of self-harm to appreciate it? I really don't get it. So many positive endorsements from critics but I felt the songs had no rhythm, overly ambiguous lyrics, and the vocals are indistinguishable from one track to the next. I went back and listened to Born To Die and I feel like I'm listening to a whole different person. That album is pretty amazing.

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This album is better than Born To Die

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I put this album at #3 on my end of the year list last year and if I had to redo my list, it would probably be in the same spot. One of my favorite artists and this is her best album.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i find it odd you find such a difference between this and born to die when, in my estimation, this is the closest album in her discog to the vibe of that album. very hip-hop oriented production over lush orchestral instrumentals.

mattfreaksmeout, Mary V and mad like this.
  20. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Lust for Life is also by far her most varied album. Like Jake said you have a lot of the hip hop beat based stuff that she's used in the past, but some of the features really change things up. The Sean Lennon track and basically a Beatles song. It's a bit long but it doesn't feel like it when I listen to it.

21. GoingInDry

Hit a lick

Every review I've read acknowledges that it deviates from her first two. She's becoming the Queen of 'Bed, Bath and Boredom'. I'm glad you appreciate it though.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I was listening to it the other day and was enamored all over again. I couldn’t choose between ultraviolence, BTD, and this as her best album overall because they’re all excellent and offer something very different, but 13 Beaches to Summer Bummer and Heroin to Get Free are some of her absolute best songs and truly incredible stretches of music. I enjoy the whole album, but those two parts are some really really special music.

LightWithoutHeat and Mary V like this.
  23. irthesteve

The two before this were too samey and too long for me, this album brought the diversity back and I dig it for the most part

Mary V likes this.
  24. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

LFL has a ton of filler imo; I find it so bloated. Coachella through Beautiful People could disappear off the face of the planet and I wouldn't mind.

And the Beautiful People chorus is one of the biggest pieces of crap I've ever heard. I can't even describe how much I hate it.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

All her albums are great and different from the others