Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over the Country Club (March 19, 2021) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, May 25, 2020.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

she would

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

"i was there today and she got kicked out for having an improper mask. she would not change it apparently. i was so sad" was one of the comments on a post about it in r/lanadelrey

Wow.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It’s honestly so frustrating, I feel like she’s intentionally stirring controversy lately which is just like the most annoying schtick especially regarding something as serious as covid. She’s making it real hard to support her and for no reason at all

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't even get why she held the book signing. She is a public figure and should be setting an example to everyone who is a fan/follows her.

Obviously at this point things won't be back to normal until a reputable vaccine is available and widely distributed, but I feel like when I see people like Lana blatantly disregarding COVID norms, all the precautions many people have taken are all for nothing when you have people like her being reckless and doing the opposite.

Lana is very fortunate because she is in a position where she can ride out the pandemic and go back to her normal life when things are over, but a lot of bands/musicians are seriously struggling right now and it sucks because the smaller bands/musicians are the ones most hit by people in this country not giving a shit and being reckless.

6. It's weird how she went from releasing her best and most acclaimed album to date, making lots of critics and people reassess their early harsh views about her (which she holded a grudge with), to... everything she's done this year. She's become so adamant on doing what she wants regardless of others but in a bad way, it's like she took all the wrong lessons.

7. irthesteve

new song out at midnight

[​IMG]

8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Oh damn!

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yes!!!! Just got the poetry book last night too, can't wait to read her poems and listen to the new song

10. irthesteve

Here's the link for when it's out

11. irthesteve

I'm sure everyone will disagree, but this song kinda sucks. It's Lana by the numbers and after her last album it feels pretty uninspired

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think this album will be able to match or top NFR.

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Just listened to the song, it's not bad but I definitely see where Steve is coming from saying it's Lana by the numbers.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It’s fine, it’s kind of what I figured it would be, but not necessarily exactly what I want. It’s middle of the road Lana, but not my least favorite thing. I’m not going into the album expecting another NFR! but I’m sure I’ll love it in the end. And I mean I’m still listening to it on repeat right now, so I do like it

15. irthesteve

It's sure as hell not something I would kick off an album cycle with

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

After teasing it for so long and pushing it back, plus following the praise she had, I cant really disagree with you.

I can’t remember if she said what the song was that she was shooting the video for when she said we’d hear this one first, but I’m more excited for that.

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I like it. Definitely a Lana song lol

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

It’s fine

19. irthesteve

20. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

It sounds like an Ultraviolence b-side. I’m not mad about it.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. radiodead

Trusted

Good tune.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

smowashere likes this.
  24. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

That could be neat

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Lanaaa can't you just release the album and have ridiculous pre-order waits for the vinyl like everyone else?? But the standards album is pretty intriguing. I do enjoy her existing covers a lot, so that could hold me over.