Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters (October 22, 2021) • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Mar 20, 2021.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Definitely my favorite out of the ones she's released from this album so far

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ok well the last minute is cool, wish the whole song had those vibes

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually really like this song, even if it is kinda Lana by the numbers. I've generally liked all the songs released so far so maybe I'll actually really like this album.

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Holy shit the last minute you weren't kidding @irthesteve

irthesteve likes this.
  5. irthesteve

I've been saying this the last few albums.... but can you imagine if she made a whole album that actually stepped outside her comfort zone and worked with sounds like that

ItsAndrew likes this.
  6. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Okay, I like the full version a lot better but I agree with the Lana-by-numbers sentiment.

7. Kuzey

LDR needs to get out of her songwriting comfort zone. You can have the best production in the world, it won't mean much if the lyrics are terribly uninspired.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I have mixed views on "lana by the numbers". I get where some of you are coming from. Melodically, Lana does kind of have a few tricks and relies pretty heavy on them, but I think she did a good job on COTCC of exploring what else she could do with her voice and I hope more comes from that. Lyrically, she's progressed a lot from where she started in my opinion. She doesn't lean on really any of the hallmarks of her early days, except for the Americana imagery. And sonically/musically, I don't personally think any of her albums sound all that similar, but I know a lot of people disagree and I might just be a little deranged when it comes to her. Arcadia specifically would fit right in on Paradise.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

And I really like Arcadia. I think it's probably my favorite so far from this project. That being said, I'm more worried about this album being a little boring than I am about it being too similar to other stuff she's done. I hope there's a few things that change it up from the 4+ minute ballads

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

chemtrails was the first album that sonically relied on the same sounds as the previous

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

arcadia is fantastic, her lyricism is second to none among her peers imo. one of the best songwriters of my generation.

12. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Her voice sounds very different on that song to me than previous recent work. Also, willing to bet that last minute is the interlude that follows it on the album. Hoping it’s the transition into a different sound, since she seemed to be suggesting that the album has different sections to it.

13. @@ron

Regular

I felt the “Lana by the numbers” feeling when I first heard Let Me Love You Like A Woman.. but that song and Chemtrails in general ended up growing on me. Arcadia feels more inspired and poetic to me and excites me for the album

ghostedaway and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'd agree with that, although I still think it differentiates itself from NFR enough. Reminds me more of the jump from BTD to Paradise to me.

sophos34 likes this.
  15. hollowmines

Regular

I agree with the overall sentiment that she could really stand to mix it up more, that said I really like the lyrics to "Arcadia" despite the snoozy fuck-the-haters bit and rhyming "arteries" with "heart of me" lol

16. irthesteve

goodbye to her social media, lol

17. irthesteve

but also this social media post

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t understand her sometimes

19. irthesteve

Well looks like she actually deleted it all

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

irthesteve likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

here' the video, why is she talking like she's in the cia haha

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I can't stop listening to Arcadia and also since Wildflower Wildfire is after it's been coming on a lot and I overlooked how great that one was when it first came out. So ready for this album.

(Also not going to lie I'm kind of happy she deleted her social media.)

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Lana is suing Lorde???

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay so this originates from The Sun, which is a gossip tabloid

Lana del Rey embroiled in row with 'rip-off' rival Lorde