Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lambchop - This (is what I wanted to tell you) (March 22, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jdr2187, Dec 10, 2018.

1. jdr2187

jdr2187

Surprised to see there was no prior thread for anything Lambchop related. These guys may be the most consistent band around over the span of the past 30 years. And they continue to experiment and change up their sound and always keep it interesting. Always look forward to new music from these guys.

2. Horrorca Dec 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2018)
    Horrorca

Trusted

not big on them generally

but

In Care of... is one of my all time favorite songs - it makes me feel a certain way

and FLOTUS is p awesome in general

EDIT: 2019?

3. jdr2187

jdr2187

4. Horrorca

Trusted

new single is good!

excited for the new record as flotus is a favorite

5. vidiviciveni

Trusted

This guy (band?) is so strange. I have one song by him, Paperback Bible, on my USB and whenever it comes on randomly I get so creeped out by his vocals

6. jdr2187

jdr2187

7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

v hyped for this record

one of the greatest bands of all time. lyrically peerless, whenever you can manage to understand the lyrics

8. Horrorca

Trusted

march 22 is going to be crazy releases-wise

9. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

This album is out there already. Liking it more and more as I live with it, but it doesn’t hit me (right now) the way FLOTUS does. Of course, if it’s like all the other Lambchop albums, after six months of listening I’ll be proclaiming its brilliance.

jdr2187 likes this.
  10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i like the three released songs better than anything on flotus bar the first and last track; flotus seemed to me like the beginning of an idea that he's really fleshing out here but also i guess i should find the leak lol

11. Horrorca

Trusted

as mentioned by others... FLOTUS took like 6 months after me being OBSESSED with In Caring of... to sink in

so yeah, maybe spin it again

12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i have, recently! i mean it's great just not my favorite lambchop record or anything

13. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Had a really revalatory experience with “The Hustle” a few years back at Big Ears festival: it soundtracked a Bill Morrison short film, “The Dockworker’s Dream,” that premiered there as part of their film program. (I think it’s on YouTube.) Kurt was there but didn’t say anything. It was my first real experience with their music and totally blew me away. I do have a deep attachment to FLOTUS partly because of that.

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  14. jdr2187

jdr2187

Lambchop has to have one of the most consistent discographies of any band I can think of. Especially for a band that’s been around as long as they have. I’m glad to see there are a few other fans around here.

15. Horrorca

Trusted

what’s yr fav?

16. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

damaged followed pretty quickly by nixon and mr. m

jdr2187 likes this.
  17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i'm the only person i know who loves damaged that much but every song is perfect idc

18. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Damaged is probably my favorite too. Been working my way backwards through the discography over the past several months. “The Decline of Country and Western Civilization” is top 3 Lambchop song for me.

19. jdr2187

jdr2187

My favorite has changed many times. I’d probably go with either Nixon or Is A Woman, but What Another Man Spills and No You C’mon are up there too.

20. Horrorca

Trusted

here we go, guys!

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

huh, pretty astonishing record imo

22. jdr2187

jdr2187

Not saying Kurt is the best songwriter out there, but he is close.

23. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

let's start again like stupid children
    sir, i'm afraid that's not possible
    just in case you need reminding
    the new isn't so you anymore

24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i'm really glad his lyrical voice is back on this record bc it was largely missing or broken up into unintelligible fragments on flotus (not a bad thing, part of why that record is so interesting, but god i love his lyrics)

jdr2187 likes this.
  25. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

Everything is marginal
    I used to be afraid of planes
    There once was a winner
    I thought I was a winner

It's not like some mystery
    Something happens to our brains
    Sometimes these things just come to me
    Was the way it was explained

The lasting last