Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lamb of God - Lamb of God (May 8, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Feb 5, 2020.

1. amorningofsleep Feb 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2020)
    amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

via Epic/Nuclear Blast

Preorder

Tracklisting:
    1. Memento Mori
    2. Checkmate
    3. Gears
    4. Reality Bath
    5. New Colossal Hate
    6. Resurrection Man
    7. Poison Dream
    8. Routes
    9. Bloodshot Eyes
    10. On the Hook

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

really hope this is a return to their earlier days

3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Checkmate's out there if you look.

This is a resounding no, but it's a good late-era LOG track if you're into that sound. Art is a good replacement for Chris.

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I don't hate their later era stuff but I never really return to it. After Randy's release from prison, I was hoping for a heavier angrier return but that never happened. I guess I don't blame them for leaning into what sells. I'm still excited for the record regardless.

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Listening to Checkmate now. It's not bad, but it sounds like every other LOG single for the last decade. I just wish they'd try something slightly different.

6. cherrywaves

Trusted

Saw them open for Slayer, they were tight. They're consistent if nothing else and Randy is one of my favorite IG follows.

7. JM95

Trusted

I mean... it's Lamb Of God, isn't it? They're doing what they do well. Nothing inspirational but perfectly listenable. Groovy as ever.

I'm sure the album will be pretty good.

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, yeah, but this just sounds like a rehashed version of Redneck or something. I'm not saying I dislike it, just too paint by numbers for me to get excited about it.

JM95 likes this.
  9. JM95

Trusted

Broadly agree.

10. amorningofsleep

11. amorningofsleep

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I like Memento Mori quite a bit more than Checkmate, but I'm still unsure how much I'm gonna be into this album. Keeping my hopes high. It's just that I was SUPER into the first 3-4 records when they first came out and have been longing for that feeling ever since.

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Ehhhhhhhhhhh

14. JM95

Trusted

That intro is very similar to Sisters Of Mercy - Marian.

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

finally got around to this. its actually pretty cool. not sure how much i'll come back to it but for now its a ripper.