Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lagwagon

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Schooner, May 16, 2016.

1. Schooner

Trusted

Happy Lagwagon Day!
    Play an album, get a friend over for some old school Tony Hawk. Enjoy!

bd007h likes this.
  2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

How was there not a thread already?! Love these guys. Pure skate-punk.

Hoss and Let's Talk About Feelings are mint.

Schooner likes this.
  3. Schooner

Trusted

Yeah I did a pretty extensive search to see if there was one. Was surprised to realised if have to make one

Been playing the old Tony Hawk songs too

Millencolin - no cigar
    Bodyjar - not the same
    Goldfinger - superman
    Suicidal - cyco vision

bd007h likes this.
  4. bd007h

Also kickass bands

5. bd007h

CKY as well

6. Schooner

Trusted

Happy Lagwagon Day from Australia!!

SlappinCups and PandaBear! like this.
  7. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Happy May 16th from The UK!

Schooner likes this.
  8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I like Lagwagon.

9. razorburn

Trusted

Happy Lagwagon day!

10. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

My favorite day of the year!

amorningofsleep likes this.
  11. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Happy Lagwagon Day!

SlappinCups, duffe, HueyLewis and 5 others like this.
  12. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Joey Cape was about 4 years late, but safe to say the 90s are back

"I might as well go for it, the nineties won't be back again Until I'm forty-eight years old"

SlappinCups, duffe and Full Effect Ed like this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I've been revisiting their discography ever since the album announcement. Sooo much good stuff, even the b-sides album.

For me, Hoss through Blaze and then Hang are all top tier albums with Duh! and Trashed being right behind them. Resolve is the only one I'm not too big on for whatever reason.

That's kind of weird to me considering Joey ranks Double Plaidinum and Blaze damn near the bottom and Resolve being almost at the top.

14. smoke4thecaper

Resolve remains near the bottom for me, too. Always interesting to see how different fans view albums versus the artists that created the works.

Hang
    is probably my favorite overall now, but Blaze, DP & Hoss are still in the upper echelon as well.

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I get why Resolve is special to him (pretty obvious reasons), but the songwriting feels much more bland and maybe less charismatic(?) than all of the other albums for me. That's why when Hang came out, I was blown away. To bounce back with an arguable career high is pretty incredible.

Pretty sure Joey ranked Blaze and DP so low just because he disliked the writing and recording sessions for those records. DP had some internal trouble within the band (guitarist left, first without Derreck, etc.) and the production is sort of weird. He also seemed to have writer's block with Blaze where he took forever with the songs and kept revising them. That said, they are both all-time classics for me.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  16. smoke4thecaper

Great points. Blaze has been my favorite for a long time next to Let's Talk & Hoss (the ones I grew up with), so it's always funny to me when I've seen Joey say how difficult the process behind it all was. Funny how fans and artists can view the work entirely differently based mostly on what was happening when the record came out.

Hang is an album I honestly listen to the most nowadays. Still rips, never fails to charge me up.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  17. choke

Skatecat

Been one of my favorite bands since the late 90s. Trashed is my favorite, but really don't dislike any of their stuff.

So happy they are back with a new album. Bubble sounds like a Hoss song imo.

18. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

May have to do a revisit of Bad Astronaut soon - been listening to Let Me Know When You Give Up and Andalusia sounds like something off Houston, We Have a Drinking Problem.

Funny enough - Bad Astronaut was actually my gateway to Lagwagon - saw the aforementioned Houston, We Have a Drinking Problem at FYE and I was a huge space nerd at the time and checked it out purely because of the title and album art. Lucked out, as it is definitely a Top 10 Album of all time for me.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

New song from Railer out tomorrow according to their Facebook page. Although someone has posted in the comments that it's already out in Australia and called "Surviving California". Can't wait!

20. razorburn

Trusted

Mrk_Brdshw and choke like this.
  21. razorburn

Trusted

Absolute rager of a song.

22. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like it’s right off of Trashed

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Happened to see today that this record is out there now. It rips. Musically i feel like it’s like Trashed meets Blazed but with the attitude of Hang.

24. smoke4thecaper

Went and saw them in Portland last night with my dad, who’d never heard of them but loved it. Picked up a copy of the record while I was there and played it all day. The past few records have been rather somber in tone, much darker and heavier than their early albums. This one falls more in line with the older records, which is a welcome surprise. Hang remains my favorite, so obviously I’m down with the dark, heavy shit—but it’s good to see them having fun again.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I was pretty happy to hear a few more upbeat melodic jams on this one. I had kinda forgotten that they were capable of that after the last couple of serious records. haha.

How was the show/set? I live in Missouri and they're coming nowhere near here BUT my work wants me to do some work in Atlanta literally the day after their show there, so I think I might be able to catch them after all.

smoke4thecaper likes this.