Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lady Pills - Despite (July 8, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jun 9, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Ella from Makeshift Shelters's new indie rock/punk band. Good song. Can't really think of a good RIYL right now, let me know what you think.

2. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Nice, I loved their EP from last year, this track is good too.

3. cwhit

funniest thing to me about this release is that they signed to DC label and makeshift was basically a local DC band but nothing is ever mentioned about them by the label, since makeshift is out of the scene of what this label is locally, lol

4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

oh this sounds great! i was wondering what she was going to do next

5. cwhit

stream

Contender likes this.
  6. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Totally missed this thread. Sounds good, I'll add this to my Apple Music queue.

7. cwhit

reminds of liz phair a bit

definitely a better lyricist now than in makeshift shelters

8. cwhit

algae likes this.
  9. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

lyrics were one of the main things holding me back from makeshift. ill check it out.

10. algae

Regular Prestigious

Yeah the lyricism on the Makeshift Shelters reminded me a bit of Modern Baseball where it was a little too much at times. Leaps and bounds better for me on this record.

11. cwhit

Ella was like 16 or 17 when she wrote those lyrics, yeah they're cheesy but hey, who was a deep writer at that age. That's still one of my favorite singalong records of the last few years

12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i'm so happy social media wasn't around when i was going through those stages - if some of the stuff i wrote/did was online. good god...

13. algae

Regular Prestigious

How old is she now?

14. cwhit

pretty sure she just finished her sophomore year, so maybe a little bit older than i said. but like the first makeshift EP came out in late 2013 and some songs were on the LP

15. algae

Regular Prestigious

Ahh yeah, that whole album is even more impressive now. Gotta relisten

16. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Kids in good bands are so fucking young these days, it's super cool and impressive but makes me feel pretty inadequate about what I was doing at that age (i.e. nothing)

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

this is p great. that song in the op sounds exactly like another song but i can't put a name on it.

edit: jobless monday by mitski???

18. cwhit

Crazy seeing the Obsessives blowing up, met them when they were still in high school, lol

Snail Mail too are a bunch of recent high school grads and friends of mine