Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lady Lamb Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kbeef2, Oct 26, 2016.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

new music pls

2. Inna Selez

Regular

Love Fridays - day of releases!

3. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Probably my favorite singer. Male or female.

She is an unbelievable performer. First time I heard her she opened for Kaki King and it was a lot to live up to. Her first song was entirely a-capella and I was immediately hooked. Takes so much courage to stand in front of a new crowd, who is there to see musically impressive performance from one of the best guitarists ever... and not even play your guitar and just sing for 4 minutes. Like a mother singing a lullaby. It was brilliant. Made me want to cry, she has such a great quiver and dynamic range to her voice that tugs at you.

Ripely Pine is a great album I had to get on vinyl. "Florence Berlin" has been one of my favorite songs since it was released. And damn she gets her Jazzmaster to sound dirty sometimes.

4. zmtr

Trusted

She opened up for The Tallest Man On Earth a few months ago and I've been in love ever since

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Both of her albums are fantastic

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I forgot she dropped the Beekeeper and was like is this the same person

I saw her open for Juliana Hatfield and Evan Dando

7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

New single "See You" up on Itunes/Apple Music. Album art says Tender Warriors Club, so maybe that's the album title. Hope we're getting a full album and tour announcement tomorrow/today!

8. tacobelle Oct 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2016)
    tacobelle

"Following a six-week tour over the summer with The Tallest Man on Earth that took her across the country, including a packed show at State Theatre, Spaltro has spent the past few months between Europe and New York, creating new material.

'Kristian [The Tallest Man on Earth] lent me the keys to his home in Sweden. It’s miles from anywhere, and it has this tiny studio. I ended up in there for ten hours a day, writing and recording alone.' The solitary process seems reminiscent of the long, lonely hours Spaltro spent practicing in her Brunswick basement.

'I’d intended to write my third studio album, but the songs I was making were all solo acoustic tracks.' Following her creative instinct, Spaltro pursued this new direction, creating an EP entitled The Tender Warriors Club. She plans to release the new material in December before going on tour. 'I want to play some smaller shows, like clubs and ticketed house parties,” she says. “The kinds of places I started playing in Portland in the beginning.'

And the EP title? 'It just came out one day. I was talking to a friend whose marriage had recently ended. She was going to Paris alone to process it, and I told her, ‘You’re a tender warrior.’ I realized it’s a good way to describe most of the people I love. Powerful yet vulnerable."

Most Intriguing | PORTLAND MAGAZINE

The new single is streaming on Spotify now:

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Sweet

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

11. Randall Mentzos

12. cwhit

specifically says on the application no outside shows, so probably not
    also "no openers"
    this new "house show" thing is cool but also really really ridiculous. like just coming from a DIY scene this article makes them seem like the worst thing even though i know it's different Rock the house: Off-the-grid home concerts make musicians and audiences very happy

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I became a fan this year and I am so glad. She was incredible live, and I can't wait for another tour.

14. Randall Mentzos

Ah well Aly knows me by name by now, I saw her and spoke with her every time she came through DC before I moved down to FL. I went to go message her on Facebook and remembered a conversation we had after her first 930 club show (it was in the history), so maybe she'll make an exception knowing I was one of her earliest fans outside of New England and that I also have a serious music project.

The first address i put in the email was my own house so I gave the option

15. Randall Mentzos

cwhit and Joe4th like this.
  16. cwhit

woooo yay, super glad it worked out buddy!

17. Randall Mentzos

Yep January 17th already got my favorite promoter in town working on it

cwhit likes this.
  18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

New EP is cool. Not sure I'd want a whole album like this but I like that she's changing it up sonically.

19. jdr2187

jdr2187

Seeing one of the living room shows tonight. Cant' Wait!

20. Randall Mentzos

Will post a video soon

21. Inna Selez

Regular

We will wait for it. B-)

22. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Pleeease be teasing a new album

23. Randall Mentzos

Joe4th likes this.
  24. Randall Mentzos

^ That happened 2 years ago and I never posted that video haha. Love her music.

@Joe4th you might appreciate this. I meant to show you this when you said in the NFL thread you also liked Lady Lamb

Joe4th likes this.
  25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That’s seriously incredible