Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lady Gaga - Joanne (October 21, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Aug 17, 2016.

1. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

R.I.P Disco-ga that could've been

[​IMG]

2. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

She has really fallen off in music quality since the first record. Damn shame

3. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

There are a few great songs, and a lot of forgettable ones. 'Venus' and 'Do What You Want' are the highlights for me.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. Rodrigo Leonardo

Yaaaaaay! Can't wait for the 21st! Gaga is beautiful in that cover! :heart:

5. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Artpop is good. I happen to like later Gaga than earlier Gaga, and I'm excited for the new record.

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

I think Artpop is great, and am saddened by how neglected it is. It's not 10/10 perfection but come on, "Aura", "G.U.Y.", "Do What U Want"......among my favorites in her discography.

beachdude42, Owlex and Contender like this.
  7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Also Perfect Illusion has grown on me considerably, the key change and all of that is still a bit weak but the verses and especially the last like 45 seconds of the song I really dig. The new one released is decent.

8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I agree

9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

This is out there.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Didn't realize it was out so soon. Hopefully the rest of the album is good. I'm so lukewarm on the singles.

11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I'm in love with John Wayne.

12. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

I'm so afraid to listen to this album. I have really low expectations.

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

Alright on first listen, this is gonna be dividing as fuck. Mostly on the negative side I think. She really goes in a new direction with this one, and I think someone mentioned it earlier on but it's not really stuff that people flock to Lady Gaga for. First 3 songs aren't great to me, she sounds kind of off for some reason on Diamond Heart and A-YO is just eh. John Wayne picks it up a bit, Dancin' in Circles I enjoy quite a bit. Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons I'm down for, Sinner's Prayer is eh. Come to Mama is alright, Hey Girl I enjoy. Angel Down feels a bit unnecessary in an album that has a good majority of already ballad-like songs.

Of course this is on first listen so things can change but I'm not seeing bright things for the reception of this considering her past.

14. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

Dancin' in Circles is the only song that's 100% solid all the way through and I love it a lot, actually. John Wayne is like 85% the way there to being a great song but only because of the chorus. Perfect Illusion is a lot better in the context of the album, but I think that's just because literally every other song is boring filler. Except MAYBE Hey Girl which isn't horrible but doesn't really do much for me.

I will have Dancin' in Circles and John Wayne on repeat for a while though because they are good.

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I like "John Wayne"

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm not enjoying this at all

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

A-Yo is the next single

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

loving the title track. production is great as usual.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

A-Yo is a lot of fun.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ooof this is not a good album. I think A-Yo and Hey Girl are the only two I was enjoying. John Wayne was alright too.

21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Can't say that I'm a huge Gaga fan or anything, but she usually has a song or two that will grab me. Don't really hear that on this album, besides maybe A-Yo? She's got such an awesome voice though.

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is so bad

lightning13 likes this.
  23. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I don't have an opinion on Lady Gaga or any of her albums overall, but "Do What U Want" is one of the best mainstream singles in years. The lyrical message is clever, her vocals are top notch, and even R Kelly takes it to the fucking stratosphere. Love that track.

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the lyrical message is extremely uncomfortable given r kelly is on the track

25. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

R Kelly in 2016 lol