Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lady Gaga - Chromatica (May 29, 2020) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

It's no ARTPOP but I quite enjoyed this

2. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I unexpectedly love this.

3. I think I like it less on subsequent listens. For a supposed return to pop the critics are hailing it as, It has none of the creativity and eccentricity she's shown in the past. I wish the production was edgier and the songs were allowed to breathe.

tucah likes this.
  4. I'm (d)reading the reviews. Poptimism was a mistake

5. navidson

Regular

On first listen I really liked it - Sounded like a cross between The Fame and Artpop to me. My only grievances are that the interludes offer absolute nothing, and some of the songs are too short - they could easily have been expanded upon.

6. @@ron

Regular

Man, what a let down

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ART POP spoiled me. The production on this is bland.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. A smart move

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It's fascinating that Why Would You Do That which was arguably kind of a joke song is better than most of the songs on this haha, it would fit so well on this
    but I think with my current mindset I just want cute bops so I'm okay with that, Replay and Sine From Above are dope though

Zilla and tucah like this.
  10. 0F04ECB9-8C63-4711-8FB2-5390657B7A70.jpeg

Lol the absolute bare minimum on the vinyl

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This is very fun. But in a year where Dua Lipa gave us Future Nostalgia, it's just okay.

12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I enjoyed this and feel like the first two songs are the weakest until the closer, but that’s just one listen in so opinions may change. A lot of fun on here. Can’t comment on this vs rest of her discography because this is the only full album I’ve listened to, the rest have been all the singles / hits

13. Jake W

I think Rain On Me is easily the weakest. Ariana sounds like she was half asleep when she phoned in that feature lol

14. somethingwitty

Trusted

She made a unabashed 90s house club record. It sounds slightly dated but in a fantastic way. It’s literally the album that would be playing front to back at every Pride party this summer.

She made a banger of an album with slightly dark lyrics, I’m into it.

15. Jake W

She got in late with the album that'll get played at Pride parties, CRJ beat her by a week lol

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, it’s unabashedly a 90s house album, but it doesn’t really build on that sound or do anything original with it. It just kind of is that sound in the most unexciting, formulaic way. There are some solid jams though.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I’ve never heard that term in my life lol and I don’t know how crazy that it is (“90’s house album”)

18. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Straight up a 90s house album meant for the gay clubs and balls. The album has really grown on me and I’ve been listening nonstop. It’s exactly what I needed in my life at this point.

19. Crisp X May 29, 2020
    (Last edited: May 30, 2020)
    Yeah it just makes me want to listen to Katy B, Little Boots or LIZ instead, they did that and / or the eurodance thing better and on a much smaller budget. I wish she would've brought back Mark Ronson.

20. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Got through the whole thing. It was easier than I thought it would be, but every song really sounds the same. I hate using that critique, but its just not connecting with me at all.

21. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Lot of slappers. This shit rules

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Love Me Right is supposedly produced by Sophie

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ya I fully love this. I think it would be fair to say it's her least ambitious album, but I also think it's her most focused album, and that is it's own kind of special quality. It's really clear that she knew exactly what she was going for, and it was executed really well. House definitely suits her.

I expect most people are either all in or out on this, but I'll certainly be dancing all summer long (even if that's just on my back porch). And 911 and Replay are still my faves

Contender likes this.
  24. navidson

Regular

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Ari is the first artist to have 4 #1 debuts and it's the first female collaboration to debut at #1

Contender likes this.